Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

13 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

yall think one of christian watson or romeo doubs is traded by the deadline? assuming our 6 main wide outs are all still healthy 

Gute would be selling low if he made a trade halfway through the season.  If he has it in his head (I doubt he does) to trade one of them, he'll let the group continue to establish themselves as being legit in 2024, then make the trade next spring.

Can never say never.  Who knows what kind of offers would come in if the group continues to impress.

Jordan Love won't practice until a deal gets done.  Just reported by Cheesehead TV.  Kinda changes the equation.  His agent is a real prick.  So looks like a deal will have to get done quickly.  Didn't think Love would go along with this hardball tactic.  We'll see.  

If someone comes in with a 1st for one of them for sure (they wont) for a 2nd probably have to think about it (still doubt anyone moves a 2nd for the privilege of paying a cumbersome WR contract for Doubs or an oft injured Watson) and if it's a 3rd why don't we just take the comp pick and keep a strong unit through the run?

30 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Jordan Love won't practice until a deal gets done.  Just reported by Cheesehead TV.  Kinda changes the equation.  His agent is a real prick.  So looks like a deal will have to get done quickly.  Didn't think Love would go along with this hardball tactic.  We'll see.  

It would be a disaster for Love to get injured in practice before putting pen to paper.  I get it.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Jordan Love won't practice until a deal gets done.  Just reported by Cheesehead TV.  Kinda changes the equation.  His agent is a real prick.

or... his agent is competent.

• Like 7

The NFL is a business, and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. The most important aspects are Gutey said they were close, and I have a feeling none of his teammates are mad at him. It will all work out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

yall think one of christian watson or romeo doubs is traded by the deadline? assuming our 6 main wide outs are all still healthy 

I was thinking the same thing last week. The Packers can only afford to financially commit to two of them. I would give the Colts a call since they were interested in trading for him and see if I can flip him for a 2nd.

WR salaries are out of control. With the Love deal we will have to say goodbye to two of them. I'd rather control where they go instead of risking them ending up in Chicago who has tons of cap space.

22 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The last QB that signs is the richest.  Just the way it works. Next year, someone will surpass Love, and someone else will surpass that guy too.  The only thing to worry about is if you think his final run was a fluke.

I hate agents with a passion.

14 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Lot of rumors out there that the deal is going to come in at 5 years and 280 mil. 

This would be a "fair," deal for both based on the rising cost of good quarterbacks, never mind great quarterbacks. If we believe Jordan Love is going to be a great quarterback, I do, this would be a very solid deal for the Packers. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This would be a "fair," deal for both based on the rising cost of good quarterbacks, never mind great quarterbacks. If we believe Jordan Love is going to be a great quarterback, I do, this would be a very solid deal for the Packers. 

If we get Love for less than $300mil, we should be popping bottles. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Lot of rumors out there that the deal is going to come in at 5 years and 280 mil. 

If that is $280m on a 5 year extension that's pretty good all things considered. In essence making it 47m AAV for the next 6 years. I was thinking he would be getting a deal similar to Hurts

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

If we get Love for less than $300mil, we should be popping bottles. 

I can't see any scenario in which he gets $300M+ unless it's on a 6 year deal.

3 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

0%.  Unless the Packers somehow magically are eliminated from the playoffs prior to the deadline, they're going to hold onto their guys.  Next offseason is a different scenario.

• Like 1