Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

52 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I'm in a draft Thursday night. Doubs or Reed?

42 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Reed will probably get more touches, and probably more TD's as well.  Truthfully I'm probably not targeting any Packers wideouts until later in the draft.  

20 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Wicks.

You IMBICILES! CHRISTIAN WATSON!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Reed will probably get more touches, and probably more TD's as well.  Truthfully I'm probably not targeting any Packers wideouts until later in the draft.  

The ff podcast I prefer basically said that - GB has like 4 legit talented NFL WRs, plus 2 pretty good TEs and 3 RBs who can catch* and Love is more than capable of finding the open guy, so while they have tremendous real-life value, their fantasy value is a bit muddy unless a player or two gets injured. Say Wicks and Kraft get injured, suddenly Musgrave and the remaining 3 WRs look a lot better. If not, it isn't hard to project that it'll look like last year, when a different WR led the team every month

* counting Lloyd; Jacobs and Dillon are both + receivers out of the backfield

6 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

When it comes to which of GB's top 4 WR's to grab in FFB, my honest opinion is 

giphy.webp

Seth Meyers is kind of like Joe Barry. Not sure how he ever got his job (Multiple times), and really unsure how he kept is as long as he has.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Doubs is our Chris Carter. All he catches are TDs. 

5 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

I'm in a draft Thursday night. Doubs or Reed?

5 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

5 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Wicks.

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You IMBICILES! CHRISTIAN WATSON!

Anybody targeting a Packer WR early in the fantasy draft is choosing to lose. We have 4 good options for later in the draft but can't seriously be targeting one of the for WR1 or WR2 just based on the distribution of targets. 

Best WRing group in the league. Worst fantasy football group to choose one from. 

Jordan Love, on the other hand, right after Jackson IMO. 

15 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Anybody targeting a Packer WR early in the fantasy draft is choosing to lose. We have 4 good options for later in the draft but can't seriously be targeting one of the for WR1 or WR2 just based on the distribution of targets. 

Best WRing group in the league. Worst fantasy football group to choose one from. 

Jordan Love, on the other hand, right after Jackson IMO. 

Yeah, I don't expect any Packer WR's to go early. But all the people in this draft are diehard Packer fans, so you never know.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Yeah, I don't expect any Packer WR's to go early. But all the people in this draft are diehard Packer fans, so you never know.  

It has been a couple of decades or more since I played Fantasy Football. I sucked at is because I always loaded up with Packer players. 

Rooting for guys on other teams is just not in my DNA. 

18 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Re-signed RB  from Jeff Janis and MLFs powerhouse school. Bound to be good

https://x.com/_mlfootball/status/1823471623481049264?s=46&t=fptgYtQ-rJhbexsz_O7tFQ

School is 20 minutes from my house. Used to play them in basketball back in the day. The school on the other side of the state in their conference is the powerhouse. Grand Valley has won 4 Division II football championships since 2001. 

Edited by Old Guy

12 hours ago, Toddfather said:

I'd go Doubs. Him and Love have great chemistry and he appears to be a security blanket if need be. He also catches a lot of tudders.

I looked up what 'tudders' means in the urban dictionary. While I finally worked out you probably mean touchdowns, there are somewhat embarrassing connotations to using that particular word.

• Like 1

Blue: all-around good leader, teammate, person
Red: medical concerns
Purple: character concerns
Pink: undersized/measurement concern
Grey: multiple positions

Not sure what yellow is. Milton is the only one with yellow. I don't think it means a player they really want as they had multiple opportunities to draft him and didn't. I think yellow is something negative. You got medical, character and size/testing concerns, all I can think of is that yellow is someone who has been taken off the Giants draft board. He shows up here as he's someone who happens to be drafted. You don't see more yellows presumably because they all went undrafted?

The colour codes does not tell us who they viewed the best talent-wise. If blue was an indicator of talent then the 6th round guy that they drafted would've been taken much earlier.

The Packers draft favourites DeJean and McKinstry both has the red medical label. In fact 4 of the top 5 corners has a negative label. Arnold is the only one that is clean. Interesting.

Regarding Packers, Their draft looks clean except for Oladapo who has a red medical label which was already known as he injured his toe at the combine. Surprised King hasn't been colour coded. The Packers value character but the Packers did not draft any whom the Giants considered blues. We chose Morgan over Barton and Bullard over Bishop.

In the first four rounds the Giants had Nate Wiggins, Jermaine Burton, Kyree Jackson, Javon Baker labelled with character concerns. I'm surprised Michael Hall Jr didn't get the purple label. Whatever info Walterfootball had on him, the Giants certainly didn't get the memo.

Full sized picture, just click on it:

GTyUvqxWsAAfPTO?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Chili