Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Nick Collins will get the Sterling Sharpe treatment .. no hall of a fame.  Both were on a hall of fame trajectory before injury cut their careers short.

You probably agree but Sterling should be way ahead of Collins for consideration.

Honestly, Collins probably wouldn't ever cross my mind if I wasn't a GB fan.

Edit, I guess Kenny Easley is in. Better stats but fewer games. 

Edited by Norm

1 hour ago, Norm said:

You probably agree but Sterling should be way ahead of Collins for consideration.

Honestly, Collins probably wouldn't ever cross my mind if I wasn't a GB fan.

Edit, I guess Kenny Easley is in. Better stats but fewer games. 

I do agree .. I think Sterling did enough to get in.  My gut tells me Collins still needed a few more top seasons.

10 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It was posted two pages back .. it was from a Leroy Butler segment at packersnews.com.  

OK, so that video is the "some cut-ups" you were talking about... I thought there may have been some tweets with video.

Just thinking about that 2015 hail mary vs Arizona in the playoffs. I'm still baffled as to why we didn't go for 2 to win it. We were banged up to all hell, came back on a combination of 2 amazing throws and we had all the momentum. We KNEW we couldn't trust our defense to get a stop in OT based on pretty much the entire previous 4 years. Between not going for 2 vs Arizona and settling for 2 FG on 4th and goal from the 1 vs Seattle, Mac made some costly conservative mistakes in the playoffs.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

Never talk bad about this man

On April 5, documentary filmmaker Sean Pamphilon released audio of a meeting Williams held with his defense before their 2012 divisional playoff game against the San Francisco 49ers. In a profanity-laced speech, Williams instructed his defense to target several 49ers players. He ordered his men to try to knock out running back Kendall Hunter, even if it meant hitting him out of bounds. He specifically directed them to try to tear wide receiver Michael Crabtree's ACL, and to go after wide receiver Kyle Williams specifically because he had a history of concussions. Pamphilon, who was doing a documentary on the media's effect on football from Pee-Wee all the way to the NFL, released the audio to Yahoo! Sports because he was sickened by what he heard.[25]

• Like 1