Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

94 in Racine has been under construction since I was born it feels like. Everyone goes 80 on it, including me coming back from work trips from Chicago where I just want to get the hell out of congested roads. The Hwy 20 offramp he got pulled over on is actually my exit to go home. No crews are ever actually doing anything though. It's like driving on an Indiana hwy if anyone's ever experienced that joy. Miles of cones shutting down a lane, causing hours of delays, no workers in sight.

If I'm LaFleur I'm giving it to him straight. Don't smoke your weed out of a vape pen, just use blunts, we don't need you dying on us.

Wait a second, do you live in Raymond? 

Packers activated Sternberger. Have until Tuesday to do something with Campbell. Have to think his chances of being activated depend on Greene's progress. Greene can return from IR after the Bye so could see GB holding out for him instead if they don't want to get rid of 2 players.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Campbell is better than Redmond.  Hope we activate him. 

Also, why do I know Moncrief?  Did he have like a Jarrett Boykin season with somebody?

Moncrief was a second round pick (I believe that was the round) drafted by the Colts. He had a decent year or two if memory serves me correctly, but never lived up entirely to the draft position. 

I looked it up and it was the Colts but never had an outstanding year. Was pretty pedestrian overall in his 5+ years in the league. 

Edited by Golfman

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Packers activated Sternberger. Have until Tuesday to do something with Campbell. Have to think his chances of being activated depend on Greene's progress. Greene can return from IR after the Bye so could see GB holding out for him instead if they don't want to get rid of 2 players.

Campell is coming off PUP, is he not?  He wouldn't count against the 2 players returning form IR.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Campell is coming off PUP, is he not?  He wouldn't count against the 2 players returning form IR.

I meant 2 roster spots. They had a spot for Jace but would have to cut another guy for Campbell and then another one for Raven if he comes back. Not an obvious cut in the secondary right now because Sully is playing well, they're not cutting the rook Hollman and I don't see them cutting Jackson even though he doesn't play. 

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Ha no, I wish though.

Good. I would have kicked myself for never having put 2 and 2 together and never even thought about the possibility after all these years. Raymond was a part of one of  the UPS routes I did frequently when I drove for them.

10 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I mean, everyone is saying Redmond.  But he has done more for this team than: Ryan Grant, Ty Summers, Ka'Darr Hollman, Josh Jackson, Tremon Smith, Cole Madison, Tim Williams, and Dexter Williams, without even thinking about it.  And it is probably arguable over some others as well.

Probably see if Tremon does anything on KOs this week, if not, cut him for Campbell. Easiest move.

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I mean, everyone is saying Redmond.  But he has done more for this team than: Ryan Grant, Ty Summers, Ka'Darr Hollman, Josh Jackson, Tremon Smith, Cole Madison, Tim Williams, and Dexter Williams, without even thinking about it.  And it is probably arguable over some others as well.

Yeah, lots of options.  And lots of guys who could get cut without getting claimed, so that they could be resigned to practice squad. 

Personally, my very first cut would probably be Pankey.   I'd like to hope that cats like Redmond, Hollman, Dexter, Summer, Madison, Jackson, and Williams have some future upside, the potential to be more useful than they are now.  But Pankey?  He's been around for years, and he's got slow feet.  I kinda feel like his current status as a fringy 4th tackle is already his career tops, and that he'll never be more than that.  Likewise I think Madison could be an easy cut; he's what practice squad is for, and nobody's going to claim him.   

Anyway, I don't think that cutting one of these guys is a showstopper in terms of recalling either Campbell or Greene.  

4 hours ago, craig said:

Yeah, lots of options.  And lots of guys who could get cut without getting claimed, so that they could be resigned to practice squad. 

Personally, my very first cut would probably be Pankey.   I'd like to hope that cats like Redmond, Hollman, Dexter, Summer, Madison, Jackson, and Williams have some future upside, the potential to be more useful than they are now.  But Pankey?  He's been around for years, and he's got slow feet.  I kinda feel like his current status as a fringy 4th tackle is already his career tops, and that he'll never be more than that.  Likewise I think Madison could be an easy cut; he's what practice squad is for, and nobody's going to claim him.   

Anyway, I don't think that cutting one of these guys is a showstopper in terms of recalling either Campbell or Greene.  

If you cut Pankey/Madison you only have 7 OL, it doesn't make any sense.