Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

52 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

It would be interesting to see an analysis of missed kicks affect on game outcome or by game situation.

A missed field goal in a double digit win or loss really doesn't mean much.  Missed kick in a 1 score game is much more significant.

There’s one that I’ve posted here a few times before that broke down psychological and environmental factors. It was from 2012 so the player data isn’t of much use any more but the situational data was very interesting. Basically, psychological (as in, time/score scenarios) factors have no significant effect on kick results. The biggest environmental factor by far is altitude (ie Denver vs. all other stadiums). If I remember correctly, grass vs artificial surface was the second biggest factor, followed by temp then wind then precipitation. 

50 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is less than ideal. 

well crap. One or 2 game suspension seems to be the usual punishment for something like this. ideally, gotta hope the suspension doesn't happen until next season, but if he does have to miss a game or 2, here's hoping it's the games against the Giants and Redskins lol

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

well crap. One or 2 game suspension seems to be the usual punishment for something like this. ideally, gotta hope the suspension doesn't happen until next season, but if he does have to miss a game or 2, here's hoping it's the games against the Giants and Redskins lol

If he's not in the program and they don't hit him with a DUI he might slide.

It would really suck if all three get out into the program :/

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If he's not in the program and they don't hit him with a DUI he might slide.

It would really suck if all three get out into the program :/

DUI sounds unlikely because the article says there was no sign that any of the three were high, and they didn't smell of weed once outside of the car (according to law enforcement). It doesn't mention either of the other two admitting to possession either, and sounds like Smith claimed possession of all the weed. I'd guess two games for smith because it seems like a very similar situation to Aaron Jones (also speeding and admitting to use). Jones' suspension wasn't assessed until the following season so I'm not too concerned at this point.