Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Than say so ... just don't rail on Rodgers being the only turd in the game.

Why? Is there any other player or coach on this team that requires a disclaimer on to say they played ****ty?

I don't have to say, "Well Jaire Alexander had a poor game in coverage, but Pettine's game plan sucked." I can just say, "Pettine's game plan sucked," and nobody gets upset.

Why is Rodgers any different?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why? Is there any other player or coach on this team that requires a disclaimer on to say they played ****ty?

I don't have to say, "Well Jaire Alexander had a poor game in coverage, but Pettine's game plan sucked." I can just say, "Pettine's game plan sucked," and nobody gets upset.

Why is Rodgers any different?

Rodgers isn't any different.  Whole team played like crap -- why just pick out one guy?  Pettine's game plan did suck, Alexander did have a poor game, the o line had worst game in some time, special teams were terrible.  Again, to just pee and moan about one thing in a stinker game is absurd.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Rodgers isn't any different.  Whole team played like crap -- why just pick out one guy?  Pettine's game plan did suck, Alexander did have a poor game, the o line had worst game in some time, special teams were terrible.  Again, to just pee and moan about one thing in a stinker game is absurd.

He didn't pretend Rodgers being bad was his ******* game summary. He just made a point about the game. Nobody chewed us out when we bitched about Lowry, etc. 

Yes there's more to it than Aaron but everyone's sensitivity to his criticism gets so old.

Edited by Norm

5 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

When did it become necessary to post an entire game summary to leverage any criticism???

• Like 2

Just now, cannondale said:

Don't know how it happened, but I think Rodgers alluded to it. This game was over before it began.

it sounds to me like a combination of terrible travel scheduling and some not so great decisions on fun-time in LA.  

21 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

it sounds to me like a combination of terrible travel scheduling and some not so great decisions on fun-time in LA.  

Rodgers also said in his presser that maybe they bought too much into their own hype.  He had a couple of interesting quips in his postgame today.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Rodgers also said in his presser that maybe they bought too much into their own hype.  He had a couple of interesting quips in his postgame today.

yeah, next week should say a lot.  We responded well after Philly, if we come out and thump the Panthers I think everyone will feel good going into that niner game.

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

That 3rd and 7 brought back memories of the McCarthy era. Instead of getting the easier 7 yards to move the sticks he takes a deep shot to the endzone with a slow receiver. He had to ignore LaFleur's play call on that one 

I didn't care for that either.   Rodgers has to learn to take what the damn defense gives you.  Our D was getting gassed and we're throwing long bombs instead of trying to get first downs.  smh

Edited by Pugger
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

If this is the case I hope it was lesson learned.  They all thought this was gonna be easy peasy and got smoked on national tv.  I hope they are embarrassed.

46 minutes ago, cannondale said:

And if they get their *** handed to them in New Orleans instead of playing them at Lambeau, they can point to this game.

This season is a throw away. Too many holes exist to compete with the elite teams. The wr group is embarassing. ILB is thin. And we probably need another spaceeater at DL. 

With that said, Gute has rebuilt the organization quicker than expected. 

Edited by Howler

33 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Next 3 games are going to really test the run defense. 

Carolina and McCaffery

SF with a collective top running offense

NYG and Saquon Barkley

I can't wait to see what Shanahan does to Blake Martinez. That will be fun to watch.  You just know he's going to iso him with one of his playmakers.

Edited by Howler