Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Bill Huber -   The Green Bay Packers plucked offensive tackle John Leglue off the New Orleans Saints’ practice squad and placed Yosh Nijman on injured reserve with an elbow injury on Saturday.  Like Nijman, Leglue is an undrafted rookie. Leglue (6-6, 301) started 38 games at Tulane. He signed with Denver after the draft but was released at the end of training camp. The native of Alexandria, La., joined the Saints’ practice squad just before the start of the season. In college, his starts came at right tackle (15), right guard (13), center (nine) and left tackle (one). He’s also got long-snapping experience.

• John Leglue -  I’ve been dreaming of the opportunity to play on the 53 man roster for a team ever since I started playing the sport and last night when the Packers called to tell me they were activating me, they made that dream come true! Can’t wait to get to work!

Edited by Leader

Just now, Leader said:

Bill Huber -   The Green Bay Packers plucked offensive tackle John Leglue off the New Orleans Saints’ practice squad and placed Yosh Nijman on injured reserve with an elbow injury on Saturday.  Like Nijman, Leglue is an undrafted rookie. Leglue (6-6, 301) started 38 games at Tulane. He signed with Denver after the draft but was released at the end of training camp. The native of Alexandria, La., joined the Saints’ practice squad just before the start of the season. In college, his starts came at right tackle (15), right guard (13), center (nine) and left tackle (one). He’s also got long-snapping experience.

I like it. You never know when one of these guys develops into something decent/good. He's behind Veldheer and Light on the depth chart so he won't be playing this year anyway.