Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

10 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

It's what they proposed in the CBA and owners have came out and said if this CBA isn't agreed on it's a lock out.

The NFL, the most successful sport in America is going to suddenly become the worst paying sport in America. Worse, than hockey even. 

There isn't a SNOWBALLS chance in hell the players are going go agree to this. You've got 10 per team making more than (roughly) that and another 20+ who expect their next contract will get them well over that number. This would be the end of parody because players would flock to big markets where they can make a lot more in endorsements once they are free agents. 

Also, can you imagine the backlash against the owners if they were to lock out players because some of them wouldn't take between a 50-80% pay cut when the owners are making the money they are making currently? 

The lock out if a bargaining ploy! This idea is just laughable! It ain't happening! 

Edited by Golfman

What did we learn from the last lockout?

The players will win if they can make it to two weeks before preseason. 

The same preseason games that all the fans ***** about costing absolutely full price, gives the owners incredible incentive to get a deal finalized. 

60k seats x (70 bucks a seat + 50 in concessions and souvenirs) x 2 games x 32 teams is almost 461 million dollars, before we even start talking about lost television and ad revenue which IIRC, the team keeps all of in preseason with no revenue sharing.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What did we learn from the last lockout?

The players will win if they can make it to two weeks before preseason. 

The same preseason games that all the fans ***** about costing absolutely full price, gives the owners incredible incentive to get a deal finalized. 

60k seats x (70 bucks a seat + 50 in concessions and souvenirs) x 2 games x 32 teams is almost 461 million dollars, before we even start talking about lost television and ad revenue which IIRC, the team keeps all of in preseason with no revenue sharing.

I remember that lockout so well, everything was a damn frenzy once it was lifted. I believe that's also the same year the Eagles decided to go all-in on their "Dream team"

17 hours ago, vegas492 said:

If GB does get the draft.....I have a place about 30 minutes away that can sleep 5-6 easily.   Would be a great little get-to-gether.

14 hours ago, Norm said:

I'm terrified to meet any of you and assume the feeling would be mutual. 

I've got a cottage that can be used for free, and lots of bourbon.  

• Like 1

I swear if we spend big at tight end again I am going to lose my ****ing mind.  I don't believe for a minute we tried to trade for Hooper.  The dude is basically prime Jason Witten. 

I swear if anybody pounds the table for Hooper I am going to lose my ****ing mind.

Think 2018.  Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, MVS flashing his ability, ESB and Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball. 

Then think Matt Ryan and his trigger happy QB play in 2018 with Julio Jones and Sanu and Ridley all taking coverage away from Hooper. 

2018 guess the TE:

55 receptions, 636 yards, 11.6 YPC, 2 TD
71 receptions, 660 yards, 9.3 YPC, 4 TD

IF ANYBODY WANTS US TO SIGN AUSTIN HOOPER THEY ARE LITERALLY STUPID AS **** SUFFERING FROM GRASS IS GREENER BULL****

I wanted us to sign Hooper, too, until I actually looked at him. 

LOOK AT HIS ****TY ACCOMPLISHMENTS. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HoopAu00.htm

10.5 YPC in his career.  For comparison, Graham has had one season under 10.5 YPC in his career. 
Averages 4 touchdown catches per season.  High of 6 in his contract year. 

AUSTIN HOOPER IS NOT TRAVIS KELCE HE IS NOT JORDAN REED HE IS RICHARD RODGERS WITH BLOCKING ABILITY.

If we signed Hooper I would just lose my ever loving mind.  He is Jason Witten. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kenrik said:

Why didn't Atlanta trade him? Either they're expecting more back in compensatory picks or they plan to re-sign Hooper.

It's too late now, his contract is expiring. PFT says they want to keep him but are tight against the cap.

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I swear if we spend big at tight end again I am going to lose my ****ing mind.  I don't believe for a minute we tried to trade for Hooper.  The dude is basically prime Jason Witten. 

I swear if anybody pounds the table for Hooper I am going to lose my ****ing mind.

Think 2018.  Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, MVS flashing his ability, ESB and Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball. 

Then think Matt Ryan and his trigger happy QB play in 2018 with Julio Jones and Sanu and Ridley all taking coverage away from Hooper. 

2018 guess the TE:

55 receptions, 636 yards, 11.6 YPC, 2 TD
71 receptions, 660 yards, 9.3 YPC, 4 TD

IF ANYBODY WANTS US TO SIGN AUSTIN HOOPER THEY ARE LITERALLY STUPID AS **** SUFFERING FROM GRASS IS GREENER BULL****

I wanted us to sign Hooper, too, until I actually looked at him. 

LOOK AT HIS ****TY ACCOMPLISHMENTS. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HoopAu00.htm

10.5 YPC in his career.  For comparison, Graham has had one season under 10.5 YPC in his career. 
Averages 4 touchdown catches per season.  High of 6 in his contract year. 

AUSTIN HOOPER IS NOT TRAVIS KELCE HE IS NOT JORDAN REED HE IS RICHARD RODGERS WITH BLOCKING ABILITY.

If we signed Hooper I would just lose my ever loving mind.  He is Jason Witten. 

2018 RB: 133 carries, 728 yards, 8 TDs, 26 receptions, 1 TD

2019 RB: 236 carries, 1084 yards,  16 TDs, 49 receptions, 3 TD.

Not that I disagree with your premise of paying Hooper not being smart. However using his 2018 stats when he's a 25 year old ascending player is not different than saying Jones is mediocre and pointing to his 2018 numbers. They're ascending players, it's not as if Hooper is 31 and hit a lucky year. He's a good player. That said, we don't have money to be players in the top tier TE market.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

2018 RB: 133 carries, 728 yards, 8 TDs, 26 receptions, 1 TD

2019 RB: 236 carries, 1084 yards,  16 TDs, 49 receptions, 3 TD.

Not that I disagree with your premise of paying Hooper not being smart. However using his 2018 stats when he's a 25 year old ascending player is not different than saying Jones is mediocre and pointing to his 2018 numbers. They're ascending players, it's not as if Hooper is 31 and hit a lucky year. He's a good player. That said, we don't have money to be players in the top tier TE market.

I’m going to prove this wrong in just a moment, hold up.

First, on Aaron Jones, nearly twice the attempts equals twice the production no kidding? 

On Hooper, Hooper had 9 more targets this year over last year.  4 more receptions. 

We're talking about a tight end here. 

Name one tight end that suddenly became a vertical threat contrary to their first four years.  That doesn't happen.  Hooper is Jason Witten.  Not a vertical threat, not terrible not great blocking, just... There.

Best for a QB who dumps it off and takes the 5 yards over the middle and hopes the TE can turn it into 10.  In other words, Hooper is the worst TE for Rodgers and we already have that in Graham. 

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1