Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

6 hours ago, Golfman said:

You are using the organization who traded up to grab a guy who can't play QB as your justification. The organization who mortgaged their future on a EDGE rusher and paid him 20 million a year. That move is sending their program into the abyss.

I have to object.

The Bears are permanent residents of the abyss, with their neighbors the Detroit Lions.  There is no move that sends them there.  Only moves that keep them there.

Carry on.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I have to object.

The Bears are permanent residents of the abyss, with their neighbors the Detroit Lions.  There is no move that sends them there.  Only moves that keep them there.

Carry on.

Word +++

HILARIOUS...and Absolutely True!

17 hours ago, Golfman said:

Apparently you didn't read other posts as I"m not on an island. Also, I have never cared if I"m on an island and declaring yourself a winner doesn't make is so. I dig you as well vegas and do not take any of this personally, until called a name by a juvenile who shall remain nameless. 

All these people who love PFF focus, Graham had a 55 ranking. He was the top paid TE. 

Again, he made maybe 5-6 plays that were above average. Pretty sure we could have gotten better production out of what we had and given those opportunities to WRs or other TEs. I mean the guy was a liability as a blocker too. The worst on our team. 

WE'll have to agree to disagree on this one! Have a good day! 

Days going good, Golfman.  And none, absolutely none of my posts to you on this should be intended as personal.  I'm looking at facts, and having fun doing it.  And I do appreciate your point of view.  I don't share it, but I do appreciate it.

I won't change your mind, and you won't change mine.  We are good.  Just disagreeing.

I think we have some common ground here.  The Graham contract was a bad one.  We are disagreeing on when GB "should" have gotten out of the contract.  No biggee.

• Like 4

Tom Silverstein - Packers have had some discussions about Ravens ILB Josh Bynes, a hard-nosed veteran who could help the team's run defense. Another guy that Milt Hendrickson knows from his time in Balt. He did not play with Za'Darius Smith, but would have the same familiarity in Pettine system.

• Andy Herman -  Bynes is one of those players that never gets the respect he deserves but just plays his *** off every single game and every single year. Would be a great locker room fit and a really solid fit primarily on run downs. Would like this signing quite a bit.
  •  Ross Uglem - Bynes has been really good in a limited-ish role. 11 missed tackles against 121 total tackles over the last two years. Tough as hell.

• Zach Kruse -  Bynes produced a run-defense grade above 70.0 and has produced run-defense grades above 79.9 in each of the last three years.  Could be a nice complement for Christian Kirksey.

Edited by Leader

Peter Bukowski -  Going back to watch more Christian Kirksey. Shades of Adrian Amos. He's a "Do your job," guy. It's not flashy, but he plays his role. He's very good diagnosing in the run game and excellent on swings/screens/check downs vs. RBs.

The one big flaw for Kirksey is play action. He's so reactive and instinctive, he trusts those instincts and will fly downhill. You can bait him. When he reads pass correctly, he's pretty solid in coverage. The PFF numbers are somewhat surprising to me.

16 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I have to object.

Carry on.

This appears to be aging well.

17 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I have to object.

Carry on.

Image result for Jim Lahey 

He knows a lot about the abyss...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

I don't recall any team that played a Super Bowl in their home stadium ever.

For clarification, he said they play in Tampa twice.

Once against the Bucs, once for the SB against an AFC team.

And I'm pretty sure you are correct that it's never happened, I feel like that's a thing.