Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just looking through our exclusive rights free agents list. It appears we signed everyone except Tonyan. Is that correct?

Edit: I would love to know what tape the Giants were looking at to make them think "Dayamn! the Packers LB are worth getting"

Edited by Chili

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Hmmm.  I'm trying to come around on your point.

Which is....last year we would have had nobody at TE.  Not a JAG.  But nobody.  No one with meaningful NFL snaps to know what they were even supposed to do.

And I'm to believe that GB would have benefited greatly from the extra money, money they could have cleared at any time by releasing Taylor and/or re-doing contracts for Z and possibly Bakh.

Sorry Golfman, I dig you, but I think you are on this island by yourself.  

In the case of the Green Bay front office versus Golfman, regarding the contract handling of one Jimmy Graham, I find for the Green Bay front office.

Apparently you didn't read other posts as I"m not on an island. Also, I have never cared if I"m on an island and declaring yourself a winner doesn't make is so. I dig you as well vegas and do not take any of this personally, until called a name by a juvenile who shall remain nameless. 

All these people who love PFF focus, Graham had a 55 ranking. He was the top paid TE. 

Again, he made maybe 5-6 plays that were above average. Pretty sure we could have gotten better production out of what we had and given those opportunities to WRs or other TEs. I mean the guy was a liability as a blocker too. The worst on our team. 

WE'll have to agree to disagree on this one! Have a good day! 

Remember when I recommended a two-year plan of boom year, lean year.
Year 1 - spend generously on veteran FAs.
Year 2 - no comp picks (due to vets acquired last year). Get rid of guys who you think get big contracts elsewhere (Martinez/Bulaga/Graham etc). Be stingy on vets acquired.
year 3 - reap the comp picks generated in year 2. This is the year to get expensive FA's.
future years - alternate as per year 2 and 3.

What the Packers are doing looks very like this, with year 1 being 2019, year 2, 2020.

• Like 1