Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Yeah, let's keep doing that with 2 or 3 guys a year and wonder why we will no longer have the cap money to get a top guy. If you don't think the extra 8 million we'd have on the books would allow us to get a top tier guy with our cap money, math is not your friend. 

It was clear Martinez and Bulaga were not in our plans for 2020 as we made NO effort to re-sign either of them. Having 8 million more this year doesn't help re-sign Clark? LOL! 

EIGHT MILLIONS is FOUR PERCENT OF YOUR TOTAL CAP! IT ABSOLUTELY HELPS! LOL! 

Was not hindsight with me. I was all over cutting him last off season! 

And you were wrong.

We had no other option available at TE and don't give me any load of horse manure that some guy named Bayliss or Tonyan or rookie Jace would have taken those snaps and had a clue as to what to do.

Graham made a difference down the stretch.  Caught the game winning TD in week one.

Say what you want about him, cutting him this year was the right move.

GB is so unconcerned about $8M that they haven't restructured Z, or cut Lane Taylor.  And they still filled their holes with room left for more moves.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Yeah, let's keep doing that with 2 or 3 guys a year and wonder why we will no longer have the cap money to get a top guy. If you don't think the extra 8 million we'd have on the books would allow us to get a top tier guy with our cap money, math is not your friend. 

It was clear Martinez and Bulaga were not in our plans for 2020 as we made NO effort to re-sign either of them. Having 8 million more this year doesn't help re-sign Clark? LOL! 

EIGHT MILLIONS is FOUR PERCENT OF YOUR TOTAL CAP! IT ABSOLUTELY HELPS! LOL! 

Was not hindsight with me. I was all over cutting him last off season! 

And done what at TE?

40 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Oh, Graham was definitely way overpaid.  I never argued that from the beginning.  Let me put it this way... Take out the elites (Kittle, Kelce etc), accept the fact that Graham is not a plus blocker and there’s little separation between him and the rest of the NFL’s tight ends.  Especially if you give Graham a break for being on the wrong side of 30.

I agree with you here. I thought Gutey played the Jimmy scenario correctly. 

I understand why we brought him back but anyone arguing Jimmy Graham wasn't trash this year is wrong. He was a liability far more often than he'd make a big play and just because he made a notable one (a play any TE with athleticism makes significantly easier) doesn't make him any good. He couldn't block, he didn't get open, he was slow as hell and his hands aren't even good. He gave us nothing this year.

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 1

The last surviving member of the Packers Superbowl OL gone. :(

Just 17 players remain from the TT era.

Rodgers, Jones, Williams, D.Adams, Allison, Kumerow, Tonyan, Baktiari, Linsley, Patrick, Taylor, M.Adams, Clark, Lowry, Fackrell, King, Crosby.

Fully expect 6 of them not on the Packers roster when we whittle down to the 53.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

And you were wrong.

We had no other option available at TE and don't give me any load of horse manure that some guy named Bayliss or Tonyan or rookie Jace would have taken those snaps and had a clue as to what to do.

Graham made a difference down the stretch.  Caught the game winning TD in week one.

Say what you want about him, cutting him this year was the right move.

GB is so unconcerned about $8M that they haven't restructured Z, or cut Lane Taylor.  And they still filled their holes with room left for more moves.

YET!

Eight million dollars would be the 9th highest paid player on the roster. LOL. 

Our ROI on Graham was clearly not worth it and evident after year one. It was a no brainer to cut him last year. Graham made so few clutch plays it's laughable for his salary. To think nobody would have made 5 or 6 key plays in his absence is a joke. 

To not comprehend what we could have had by saving 4% on our cap is really mind boggling. 

45 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I understand why we brought him back but anyone arguing Jimmy Graham wasn't trash this year is wrong. He was a liability far more often than he'd make a big play and just because he made a notable one (a play any TE with athleticism makes significantly easier) doesn't make him any good. He couldn't block, he didn't get open, he was slow as hell and his hands aren't even good. He gave us nothing this year.

Stop making sense you will be attacked by those who 'know it all!'

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

YET!

Eight million dollars would be the 9th highest paid player on the roster. LOL. 

Our ROI on Graham was clearly not worth it and evident after year one. It was a no brainer to cut him last year. Graham made so few clutch plays it's laughable for his salary. To think nobody would have made 5 or 6 key plays in his absence is a joke. 

To not comprehend what we could have had by saving 4% on our cap is really mind boggling. 

Hmmm.  I'm trying to come around on your point.

Which is....last year we would have had nobody at TE.  Not a JAG.  But nobody.  No one with meaningful NFL snaps to know what they were even supposed to do.

And I'm to believe that GB would have benefited greatly from the extra money, money they could have cleared at any time by releasing Taylor and/or re-doing contracts for Z and possibly Bakh.

Sorry Golfman, I dig you, but I think you are on this island by yourself.  

In the case of the Green Bay front office versus Golfman, regarding the contract handling of one Jimmy Graham, I find for the Green Bay front office.