Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

* Packers Hall of Fame Inc. said Tuesday the induction banquet for Charles Woodson and Al Harris, scheduled for April 18, was postponed to August.
The new date will depend on the Packers' preseason schedule, which has not been released.

* Green Bay Packers season tickets holders and those chosen in the Brown County lottery now have until June 1 to pay for their tickets. The Packers on Wednesday extended the deadline from March 31 in response to the new coronavirus outbreak. 

* The Packers said they expect to play a full season in 2020, but season ticket holders will receive a refund in the event games are canceled or fans are not allowed to attend.

30 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Extending guys in our current cap situation should lower their cap hit in year 1, not increase it. 

In theory but it wouldn't if that 'guy' was Kevin King or Aaron Jones. Bak for sure, Kenny Clark in all likelihood. 

I'm not advocating for any of these, other than Clark, the point is it's not always a certainty. 

5 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Don't remember much about him.  Why is he a necessary/great signing?  Curious about it.  

We ran behind him a ton (probably to the point of predictability) and he's an elite blocker both as part of the power game and for sealing the edge.

He's also a great veteran presence and a guy you want your baby TEs (Sternberger and Tonyan) to have their lockers next to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Carrying over 15m in this off-season would be a fireable offense for our GM.

Herman is a moron though so as usual his prompts include zero critical thinking as to the current situation the team is in.

Ha! It's just a stupid poll for fans to enjoy...if they so choose.

It's not a study in critical thinking. My goodness.

Zach Kruse -  Packers remaining free agents as of Wednesday night:

CB Tramon Williams
WR Geronimo Allison
DB Will Redmond
FB Danny Vitale
OT Jared Veldheer
RB Tyler Ervin
OT Jason Spriggs
WR Ryan Grant
DB Ibraheim Campbell
FB Malcolm Johnson (RFA)

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Could a 1 year deal or two help out at positions like DL?

I think so.  I just think that we need that third starter, which doesn't seem to be on the roster right now.  Clark is good, and he is going to get paid, a lot.  Lowry is just okay, and is probably overpaid, but I think we can win with him.  I think the rest of the guys are depth players, which are needed, but we shouldn't count on them to play a significant number of snaps and be a net positive.  I think just one can get the job done, has to be the right one though.