Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

I think there were some games were opponents really focused on stopping Jones. When that happens, Packers have to do a better job of attacking elsewhere. Make teams pay for focusing so much attention on a running back. 

Agree.  If a team wants to stop him, they can stop him.  "Just feed Jones" doesn't make sense if the opponent is committing resources to stopping him, and feeding him just sets up lots of 3rd-and-6 and lots of punts.  

Take what the defense gives, and have a passing game that can take when the pass is given.  

from Field Yates

Rookie contracts are rolling in fast with reporting dates coming up. A trio of third-rounders that have agreed to terms on their deal, per source:
Packers TE Josiah Deguara, Cardinals OT Josh Jones and Steelers LB Alex Highsmith.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

2020 "pre"-season schedule:

vikes, lions, saints, falcons...but these ones count and they're all conference and division games

Thinking that losing the pre-season doesn't hurt GB all that much, as it is a veteran roster.

Vikes had a lot of turnover, and the Lions are young, so it may (key word, may) hurt them more.

Saints and Falcons seem like they are more "veteran" as well.

I opted out. Best thing about attending games a Lambeau is the atmosphere crated by 80,000 fans together. Just won't be there. I also have concerns about their ability to enforce any mask requirements, especially since the instructions said masks will be required except when eating and drinking. My guess it's all a moot point since I doubt any fans will be allowed at games.  If there are games. 

21 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Fat Mike's ice cream massage budget.

They had unusual expenses in 2018 that they didn't have in 2019

from last year's report:

"An increase of more than $56 million in expenses was due mainly to three factors – significant player contracts, the overhaul of the coaching staff, and the team's obligations to the concussion liability reserve, which funds the legal settlement being drawn upon by former players"

Good news is that the rainy day fund jumped from $385 M up to $ 411 M

41 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

They had unusual expenses in 2018 that they didn't have in 2019

from last year's report:

"An increase of more than $56 million in expenses was due mainly to three factors – significant player contracts, the overhaul of the coaching staff, and the team's obligations to the concussion liability reserve, which funds the legal settlement being drawn upon by former players"

Good news is that the rainy day fund jumped from $385 M up to $ 411 M

O/U 10 dollars and 36 cents left in the rainy day fund after this financial year