Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, deathstar said:

The front office is probably feeling pretty good about the LaFleur hire right now.

edit - the more I look at this, 40 mil of that profit is from expenses dropping. What’s that from? 

2019 off season signings:   ZSmith, PSmith, Amos, Turner, Lewis --  Total of about $57M in signing bonus

2020 off season signings:  Wagner, Kirksey, Funchess, Lewis ---- Total of about $12M in signing bonus

33 minutes ago, squire12 said:

2019 off season signings:   ZSmith, PSmith, Amos, Turner, Lewis --  Total of about $57M in signing bonus

2020 off season signings:  Wagner, Kirksey, Funchess, Lewis ---- Total of about $12M in signing bonus

Badabing badaboom, there it is.

Packers Wire - If fans are allowed, Lambeau Field might wind up being only an eighth of the way full during the 2020 season.

According to Packers president Mark Murphy, the team is anticipating a seating capacity of around 10,000-12,000 during regular season games this season.

“It’s going to be a very different year in every way possible, but I think our priority is to make sure our players are safe, our staff is safe, and the most important thing is being able to play the games.”

The Packers and the 31 other NFL teams are attempting to navigate through the hurdles put in place by the coronavirus pandemic, which is still raging in the United States. One of the obvious precautions in play is limiting the number of fans in the stands.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Packers Wire - If fans are allowed, Lambeau Field might wind up being only an eighth of the way full during the 2020 season.

According to Packers president Mark Murphy, the team is anticipating a seating capacity of around 10,000-12,000 during regular season games this season.

“It’s going to be a very different year in every way possible, but I think our priority is to make sure our players are safe, our staff is safe, and the most important thing is being able to play the games.”

The Packers and the 31 other NFL teams are attempting to navigate through the hurdles put in place by the coronavirus pandemic, which is still raging in the United States. One of the obvious precautions in play is limiting the number of fans in the stands.

Not like it can get any quieter :/

• Like 1

So are fans going to be evenly spread out through the stadium, or in small bunches?  

Like if I go with a group, does the group have to be away from each other, or can we have our crazy monkey orgy antics as long as we don't come within six feet of other fans?

15 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

So are fans going to be evenly spread out through the stadium, or in small bunches?  Like if I go with a group, does the group have to be away from each other, or can we have our crazy monkey orgy antics as long as we don't come within six feet of other fans?

I suspect that if they're limiting the overall number of people allowed to attend, they'll have some sort of protocol on how close those fans can sit.
Kinda defeats the purpose of limiting people if they allow them to all sit together......but six feet apart (?) if wearing a mask? They might be somewhat lenient on those restrictions. 

32 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

So are fans going to be evenly spread out through the stadium, or in small bunches?  

yes

14 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

How many fans does it take to cover stadium operating expenses?

a dozen thirsty Packer fans should do the trick.
Note: many of the game day workers are volunteers from various service groups, so that reduces labor costs significantly.
But the electric bill alone has to be quite substantial and it takes hundreds of people from Field maintenance to IT to the guys who are tasked with keeping the Patriots from stealing the footballs from the Refs.

It takes an army to stage an NFL game

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Yeah...interesting thing is they're banning tailgating in the Lambeau parking lots, so I guess its "go straight to your seat and dont sit too close"

It'll be, tailgate in the million other lots or front yards around the stadium. No one is going to stop tailgating. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It'll be, tailgate in the million other lots or front yards around the stadium. No one is going to stop tailgating. 

Understood....but the Packers are removing themselves from any liability.