Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Mike Garafolo -  The Raiders are releasing veteran S Damarious Randall, sources say. The team owes him a $1.5 million fully guaranteed base salary, though that’ll be reduced by whatever he gets from his new team.

•  Jason Wilde -  Of all the guys the Packers have allowed to leave, this just further underscores to me what a mistake it was not to keep Micah Hyde. He's gone on to have a great career in Buffalo and all the guys in that secondary that they kept are adrift.
  • Ross Uglem -  Hyde and Hayward were unforgivable errors. Unforgivable.

Andy Herman - 

Damarious Randall
Quinten Rollins
HaHa Clinton-Dix
LaDarius Gunter
Kentrel Brice

All currently out of the league.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

•  Jason Wilde -  Of all the guys the Packers have allowed to leave, this just further underscores to me what a mistake it was not to keep Micah Hyde. He's gone on to have a great career in Buffalo and all the guys in that secondary that they kept are adrift.
  • Ross Uglem -  Hyde and Hayward were unforgivable errors. Unforgivable.

Maybe for financial reasons but I wonder if we repeat that mistake with King? I remember at the time Hyde did seem a little rich for the deal he got with the Bills

The Hayward thing really makes me mad.  It was the right financial move at the time.  And just the year before, people wanted him off the team, he was inconsistent and was hurt almost all the time.  Then, when he finally manages to stay healthy, he is a good CB; and everyone and their mother moan about how we let him go.  

• Like 1

I just caught part of a Rodgers interview on Sirius XM....

Here's what I caught.  He was asked about wide receivers.  Obvious praise for Adams.  Rodgers loves Lazard.  Attitude, brains, work ethic....etc.  Next guy he mentioned was Kumerow.  Smart, plays with confidence.  Then he talked about MVS...and this was telling....said that he's has his "ups and downs" and that his practice habits have gotten much better.  He pointed out the obvious physical talent.  Made is sound like MVS was never really about studying a playbook or practicing hard in the past.  But this year has been different.

He was asked about what corners he doesn't like throwing at in camp.  First guy out of his mouth...Alexander.  Said he's been a "stud" for us for a couple of year.  Confident, closes fast.  Then he moved to King, said King is "an elite corner when he is out there".  Very long, great hands, great feet, tracks the ball really really well.  Then he went to Sullivan.  Talked about him as an UDFA and he got a pick against the "Boys...popped on specials...etc.  Said that he's worked with Sullivan this camp on things like body language when on the field.  Said that is very important for a nickle corner that has to cover, make some run stops and blitz.  He likes Sullivan.

Then I ran in for some lunch and missed the rest of the interview.

Interesting things to me?  At WR, Kumerow was talked about before MVS.  No ESB mention.  Corner wise, he used the word "elite" when talking about King.  And no mention of Jackson.

Take away from it what you will.

Tom Silverstein -   Packers OLB Rashan Gary said there's going to be times he will be on the field with Za'Darius and Preston Smith, but rather than say what he thinks that will be like, he said, "Y'all are going to see how much havoc we bring," he said. "I don't want to really talk about it."