Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Minnesota will look to run, run, RUN the ball first. Our offense needs to pass, pass, PASS on that young secondary and exploit their now softer middle with some inside screens and a steady diet of Dillon.

Yes the Vikings will be to keep the Packers pass rush off their backfield if possible.

But I think passing too much is playing into the Vikings hands, they're set up to stop the pass, with great coverage guys all over the place (questions at CBs), and their speed rushers.

Run on their speed rushers and DL to see if they can stop the run... if no, then the offense might have a great day with running on a coverage defense and play action passing. Don't let the speed rusher get started good... basically the 49ers offensive game plan for both teams.

22 hours ago, Beast said:

Yes the Vikings will be to keep the Packers pass rush off their backfield if possible.

But I think passing too much is playing into the Vikings hands, they're set up to stop the pass, with great coverage guys all over the place (questions at CBs), and their speed rushers.

Run on their speed rushers and DL to see if they can stop the run... if no, then the offense might have a great day with running on a coverage defense and play action passing. Don't let the speed rusher get started good... basically the 49ers offensive game plan for both teams.

Which is why I'm thinking those bubble screens and jailbreak screens would work.

25 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Former *2nd rounder

This might work out. He got drafted by the Jets, which is the AFC equivalent to the Lions...

15 minutes ago, Joe said:

Which is why I'm thinking those bubble screens and jailbreak screens would work.

This might work out. He got drafted by the Jets, which is the AFC equivalent to the Lions...

I like the idea of screens, but for some reason I just don't fully trust them when the Packers try to execute them...

Probably because they're tried more than they're successfully succeeded, when they barely use them, so they should be a lot more successful.

12 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Why are we trying out all of these garbage WRs

Probably trying to upgrade the PS. o

Also maybe, unlikely, but maybe, a sign they're going with 4 natural WRs and Ervin at WR. 

Plus, are these guys returner options? Gute probably wants a backup in case something happens to Ervin.

18 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

if elgton wants to slide and be an elite RT for 7 years i'd be cool with that 

Very very interesting, and here I thought he was purposely leaving guys into OG as that's where he wanted the strength to be.

This could be a bad sign for OT Light as the 4th OT. I'm thinking this could be a sign they like Patrick more than Light.

So if Jenkins goes to RT, which he probably won't u less there are more injuries, whom goes to LG?

Lane Taylor? Patrick? Runyan?