Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Funny how she quite naturally assumes that the guy who was not going down on her and just banging her from behind was gay!!! Opposed to the reality that the guy was just not that into her and was most likely taking her as an easy lay. That dude was probably just thinking of his ex-girlfriend (who had just dumped him for being a jerk) all the time while he was shagging Olivia from behind.

I get not being into a woman; I don't get not enjoying shagging someone as objectively beautiful as Munn. 

15 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I get not being into a woman; I don't get not enjoying shagging someone as objectively beautiful as Munn. 

It's all relative isn't it. Most likely for the likes of you and me Munn would be a good get. However, if you are shagging around in Hollywood circles Munn might not be regarded such a good get. I mean Timberlake used her for a three day fling. The fact that a bore like Arod was with her for three years shows where she sits in the pecking order of Hollywood desirables. 

21 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Seems like a dumb factor to go by for the fans v. no fans decision because the obvious choice for season-ticket holders would be to opt out because you're taking a big risk by holding on to your tickets and likely going to see a lower resale value than normal years. 

Conversely, I imagine there would still be a ton of non-season ticket holders who would gladly buy individual game tickets even for the September games (me being one of them). Absolutely no reason why the Packers couldn't simply limit fan attendance to like 10-15k like some other teams are doing, and still ensure the safety of everyone. Even with bleacher seating you could set up those rental cushion seats 6-8ft apart and enforce strict rules like masks etc. 

Murphy missed the mark here. 

3 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

Packers.com posted the 93 packers-lions playoff game. Spoiler:  Favre to Sharpe. 

watched the first few series.

Darrell Thompson.  Ugh.  

Made it through the whole thing.  Good lord were we lucky as sin in this game.  Two absolutely horrendous balls from Kramer in the EZ, including one Teague took 101 yards to the house.  Otherwise our D was abysmal.  Reggie was essentially invisible.  They may have been doubling him, but still.  I guess we had some injuries (including Paup who did play hurt) that forced us into more of a 4-3, according to Cheeseburger.  

On the offensive side, also lucky, two big Detroit defenders got hurt in this game, I think including the guy who would have been covering Sharpe on the most memorable play.  Favre was still so raw, used his rocket arm on all three TDs to Sharpe, but otherwise looked kinda lost out there.  Why we used so much Thompson when we had Edgar, the far better all around back, is beyond me.  

It was clear whoever won this game was gonna get trounced in the divisional round.  (though we did only lose to SB champs 27-17, so we must not have done too bad, but somehow I remember all the Dallas playoff defeats as being lopsided, so maybe it wasn't really that close?)

Anyway, it was evident we had some talented young guys who were going to help us in the future: Brooks, Bennett, Teague, Chmura, Simmons, and Butler was just coming into his own.  The addition of Sean Jones would also be key in '94.  Plus, Favre had a ways to go, you could see how this was just the beginning, but I'm sure I didn't see in that way at the time.

On 8/16/2020 at 12:16 PM, mikebpackfan said:

Two absolutely horrendous balls from Kramer in the EZ, including one Teague took 101 yards to the house.  Otherwise our D was abysmal. 

I remember jumping around my friend’s living room going crazy celebrating that TD.  It was extra special for us since we’re both Bama fans too. 

On 8/16/2020 at 11:43 AM, Brit Pack said:

It's all relative isn't it. Most likely for the likes of you and me Munn would be a good get. However, if you are shagging around in Hollywood circles Munn might not be regarded such a good get. I mean Timberlake used her for a three day fling. The fact that a bore like Arod was with her for three years shows where she sits in the pecking order of Hollywood desirables. 

She also comes across as a total you know what in interviews. She may just have the personality of a rock despite whatever on screen persona she puts on.