Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

39 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

if rodgers is playing at this level throughout the 2022 season, what do yall think we do? 

That is a very interesting question that depends on some factors we do not know

1.  Is Love taking strides to be a potential franchise QB and replacement for Rodgers?

2.  What is the state of the team overall?  Are they a contender with a legit shot at a title, or have Z Smith, PSmith, OL, DL fallen off to a point that moving Rodgers for a rebuild regardless of how Love has progressed?

3.  Cap situation related to the rest of the roster?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Soooo GB should lock up the 1st seed? Right?

Maybe he was wrong, but I heard a radio guy say the Saints play only one more game against a team with a winning record.  So the Packers might be challenged to match them win-after-win-after-win the rest of the way.

I'm surprised the Packers remaining schedule lists as that easy.  Still face four teams with winning records, Colts, Bears, Titans, and Bears.  

Colts and Bears will be interesting matchups, as bad-offense-outstanding-defense teams.  Matchups like that might maybe work well for us:  bad-offense opponents, even our defense might stop them, and our offense will score some?  Or maybe matchups like that will work badly for us:  good-defense opponents might take away our running game and take away Adams; how good will our offense be then?  Will Mack and the pack rush get Rodgers as pressured and rattled as in Tampa?  And against our soft, conservative prevent defense, might Foles and Rivers move the ball pretty well?  

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Gb lost to a 1-5 MIN team at home.  Not sure that anything is a given at this stage

MN is playing much better ball now that they learned to run the ball. They could easily be 5 and 3, seeing 2 of their losses were by a point. Don't get me wrong we should have won that game clearly they wanted that second half more than us but MN is no joke. Seeing that 2020 is an absolute joke already i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make the playoffs.

On 11/9/2020 at 12:54 PM, Leader said:

Ryan Wood -  Packers CB Kevin King practiced today, a good sign he’s continuing to progress from setback with his quad injury. With Jaire Alexander still in concussion protocol, King’s potential return this week even more important.

Is Bakhti going to practice or play this week?