Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Aaron Wilson -   The Green Bay Packers are signing veteran offensive tackle Dennis Kelly to a one-year contract, according to a league source. Kelly visited the Texans and considered them, but ultimately chose Green Bay.

///

When questioned why he chose GB over HOU, Kelly responded:  "Aaron Rodgers called me....so I jumped on board!"

:)

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Good move adding Kelly. I'm not saying this is the case, but I hope this isn't a sign that 69 is out longer than expected. 

Even if Bak could make it back in 9 months, which is very quick for an ACL, he'd be out through September. This guy is good tackle depth regardless though. 

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

At what point would we need to tag Davante?

How much would he cost for 2022 (approx) and do you think we'd do it if we're unable to resign him?
I'm thinking we should.

It was essentially $16m this season. WIll likely as always go slightly up. 

We havent used the tag since 2010, only team to not use one this decade. It is unlikely we would use it on Davante, but who knows. 

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

It was essentially $16m this season. WIll likely as always go slightly up. We havent used the tag since 2010, only team to not use one this decade. It is unlikely we would use it on Davante, but who knows. 

Yeah....I was aware the team tried not to use it - but didnt know the specifics of it. Thanks.

True - it's not popular with the players - but - we're in a serious cap crunch and the increased cap isnt hitting until the new TV deals come thru in 2023?

So - we gonna we without a true number 1 for 2022 (?) - are we actually gonna go there on potentially JL's inaugural season as starter (?) or we gonna play a little hard ball?