Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler -  I dealt with Bob McGinn hating that I got hired to be on the beat. Losing someone who I thought was a friend over this Rodgers bull**** is a whole new level.

I'm very confused

Looks like him and the other co founder of cheeseheadtv had it out for some reason

Edited by Norm

Just now, Leader said:

I dont know any details. Benke? That guy?

Yeah, That's what the comments and a couple of that guy's somewhat recent tweets lead me to believe. It doesn't matter I just got curious and am bored out of my mind lol

Just now, Norm said:

Yeah, That's what the comments and a couple of that guy's somewhat recent tweets lead me to believe. It doesn't matter I just got curious and am bored out of my mind lol

Okay. I dont follow the other guy.....so no clue.

27 minutes ago, Refugee said:

It seems most likely, but his being disconnected gave some credibility to it on draft day no less. Who leaked that?  It’s like when  Sonny spoke out about wanting to take a deal in front of the other families and ended up almost getting the Don assassinated.  Don’t talk family business outside of the family. Or maybe the 49ers made it all up whole cloth and tried to throw a bomb on draft day on one of their top competitors. I still think someone was talking and gave the opposition ammunition to work with and it wasn’t our front office. 

I think the implication is that the miners got wind that Rodgers was unhappy, and tried to get Green Bay to panic on draft day and feel like they need to trade him.  I’m guessing Rodgers probably was a passive actor (in that he gave SF the go ahead to try and get a trade done) , which is why he would be TECHNICALLY correct that his team didn’t leak on draft day.

Either way, I’d be very interested to hear what LaFleur thinks of all this- if true, he “friend” basically threw a Molotov cocktail into his teams offseason.  

21 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Don’t really follow what Behnke or Nagler sell with their site, but I’ll side with the guy who actually will call balls and strikes vs. a facepainter who tries to tell everyone how to be a fan 

Yeah the other guy is pretty annoying and I don't follow him, but every time I've heard of him, he's being annoying as hell

• Like 1

[Herman] The Packers have GOT to stop drafting the top players at their respective positions. It’s creating far too many contract disputes. You don’t see the Bears having to find money for their crappy draft picks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Norm said:

I would highly doubt it was Behnke. Most of those comments are likely trolling.

Let's just assume it's Winkler.

Just now, Norm said:

Ah okay and I have no idea who that even is haha

Bart Winkler. Radio guy on Milwaukee's cesspool of a sports station, 1250 AM the Fan. Thinks the CHTV team has it out for him. Which is hilarious because one of my good friends is on the CHTV staff and reminds baffled to this day as to how he got dragged into the one man feud.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, R T said:

So basically any big name with no game left works for you.  

Maybe. I don't put Geno in that category.

All I know looking at the roster, the DL line has the least studs in the room and the depth worries me. I think we are locked and loaded at every other position and there just isn't many picking left on the market at this stage.

Our offence has depth and studs throughout and I think it looks better than what we had last year.

Our Secondary look better than last year through our drafting, ILB still not amazing but there is options and emerging talent there. OLB's we got three race horses. DL, we got Kenny and some average players, let's see where Keke is. If we are going all in as it looks like for a final Rodgers hurrah then I think we need to add one more DL. You got any better names than Geno or Jurrell?

9 hours ago, Cpdaly23 said:

I think the implication is that the miners got wind that Rodgers was unhappy, and tried to get Green Bay to panic on draft day and feel like they need to trade him.  I’m guessing Rodgers probably was a passive actor (in that he gave SF the go ahead to try and get a trade done) , which is why he would be TECHNICALLY correct that his team didn’t leak on draft day.

Either way, I’d be very interested to hear what LaFleur thinks of all this- if true, he “friend” basically threw a Molotov cocktail into his teams offseason.  

You'll never hear LaFleur say about about this, I don't think. Also, all is fair in love and war. Shanahan is probably laughing his *** off that he was able to throw Green Bay into turmoil. 

12 hours ago, Leader said:

Remember, the catalyst for the Rodgers-wants-out reports wasn’t Schefter’s draft-afternoon report that he was apparently holding in his back pocket for whenever he deemed the time was right. The spark came from Paul Allen, who reported on the morning of the 2021 draft that the 49ers tried to trade for Rodgers, that the Packers refused, and that Rodgers was pissed off.

You guys know that Paul Allen is the lead cheerleader and announcer for the vikings right?

The guy is a horserace announcer who really knows little about football. (just listen to his show sometime)

Shannahan called MLF to 'ask' if Rodgers was on the block, MLF said no way.  Paul Allen reported, using the term loosely, that SF made an offer.  It was all BS. 

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

You guys know that Paul Allen is the lead cheerleader and announcer for the vikings right?

The guy is a horserace announcer who really knows little about football. (just listen to his show sometime). Shannahan called MLF to 'ask' if Rodgers was on the block, MLF said no way.  Paul Allen reported, using the term loosely, that SF made an offer.  It was all BS. 

I didnt until it was mentioned here.