Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I saw an interview with Shannahan were he admitted they heard a rumor of how unhappy Rodgers was.  Doing their due diligence, he gave his friend, MLF, a call and LaFluer said Rodgers was NOT available for trade.

The Vikings' play by play announcer got a hold of that and declared that SF made an offer.

They are so proud that they (vikings' peons) caused so much turmoil for GB.  It's disgusting.  Most of viking fandom would rather watch the Packers lose than the vikings win.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Striker said:

I would highly doubt it was Behnke. Most of those comments are likely trolling.

Let's just assume it's Winkler.

Yeah .. pretty sure it's not Behnke .. the two of them are at Behnke's house across from Lambeau for a few weeks.  It would be sweet to own that joint.

2 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I saw an interview with Shannahan were he admitted they heard a rumor of how unhappy Rodgers was.  Doing their due diligence, he gave his friend, MLF, a call and LaFluer said Rodgers was NOT available for trade.

The Vikings' play by play announcer got a hold of that and declared that SF made an offer.

They are so proud that they (vikings' peons) caused so much turmoil for GB.  It's disgusting.  Most of viking fandom would rather watch the Packers lose than the vikings win.

Rodgers is going to go scorched earth on teams this year .. Vikings are getting thrashed twice at least.

9 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I don’t know how much turmoil it was really (that was media-generated, anyway).  So, maybe we don’t find out the day of the draft, but we would have known when he didn’t show for OTAs.  Definitely would have been plenty of BS from OTAs onward, regardless of the Schefter report. 

12 hours ago, R T said:

So basically any big name with no game left works for you.  

I guess we could do nothing? Do you have any better DL options with “game” left in free agency I should be aware of? I guess we could wait until others teams start cutting players but would those players not have “game” as well? I’d probably pass on Short but coming off injuries, do we actually know for sure that Atkins and Casey have nothing left to offer?

There’s also a chance they come in and they are our second best D-lineman outside of the chance that Keke stays healthy and has a breakout year. Could it be possible that a change of scenery, playing next to Kenny Clark, along with what appears to be a good veteran locker room, and being on a contender could help at all? Even if they are just a solid rotational piece? I’m saying all this assuming their contract will be pretty reasonable if not lower than most think. 

• Like 1

Ross Uglem -    INTERESTING. Gutey says Rodgers (still) has three years left on his contract.

Obviously, Schefter and Rap do a ton of agenting for the agents but if that is true did Green Bay even make any concessions?!

• Peter Bukowski -  Presumably the Schefter report of voiding the 2023 season was discussed, but clearly has not yet been done.

I find Gute's pressers refreshing.

A). He's accessible. Night and day from TT's days.
B). He's open and as honest as I think he can be about the business of football w/o going into bone crushing detail or personalizing things. I want nothing less from the GM of my team.

27 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ross Uglem -    INTERESTING. Gutey says Rodgers (still) has three years left on his contract.

Obviously, Schefter and Rap do a ton of agenting for the agents but if that is true did Green Bay even make any concessions?!

• Peter Bukowski -  Presumably the Schefter report of voiding the 2023 season was discussed, but clearly has not yet been done.

I think gutey maybe just couldn't speak on that since it was ongoing. He mentioned Rodger's cap relief hadn't hit yet either?

17 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think gutey maybe just couldn't speak on that since it was ongoing. He mentioned Rodger's cap relief hadn't hit yet either?

There was a lot he couldnt speak on - but he deftly touched on all topics and excluded controversial or declarative comments about a range of pending issues.

I found the question about why the Cobb deal didnt go down earlier interesting - since it had been mentioned in conversations with AR back in February......

Perhaps (just perhaps mind you.................) the team needed/wanted to wait till AR actually walked into camp? Ya think? Maybe? 

Realizing this is media manna from heaven and the likelihood they'll move on anytime soon is problematic at best - I tire of drawing on all these straws - which was the impetus for my posting of that range of thoughts. It's across the board.

Edited by Leader