Mock Draft/Off-season Thread

OhioG

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=aqspmm#.WlOysooToCk

I did a fanspeak too. Got QB1 (whoever you want, insert here), Minkah, Guice, Calvin Ridley, Jaire Alexander, Anthony Miller, Hercules Mata'Afa, Harrison Phillips, Rashaad Penny and Equanimeous St. Brown. Soooo.

QB - Mayfield for me, Rosen/Darnold/whatever
WR - Ridley, Anthony Miller, AND Equanimeous St. Brown. Add Gordon and Coleman and that is a scary WR corps.
RB - Guice AND Penny. Plus Johnson. Lol. Too good.
CB/FS - Minkah and Alexander
DL - Mata'Afa and Phillips

It was basically a BPA mock. I didn't need St. Brown, Penny, Mata'Afa or Phillips, but when those guys are left on the board in the 4th/5th you take them and figure it out.

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Yup

I absolutely love BP, Thought he was going to be a really good DT for tOSU but I just don't think center is that big of a priority for us right now. I think after a rough first 3 or 4 games, Tretter settled down and played really nicely. Plus as much as I love Price, he's going to cost at least a 2nd and I am not comfortable using that high of a pick on a center, especially If we don't get an OT before that pick. I actually like James Daniel just as much and he can be had in the 3rd.

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I absolutely love BP, Thought he was going to be a really good DT for tOSU but I just don't think center is that big of a priority for us right now. I think after a rough first 3 or 4 games, Tretter settled down and played really nicely. Plus as much as I love Price, he's going to cost at least a 2nd and I am not comfortable using that high of a pick on a center, especially If we don't get an OT before that pick. I actually like James Daniel just as much and he can be had in the 3rd.

As in everything, you build on your strengths in building football teams.

Our OL arguably is one of our strengths, even without JT.

There doesn't seem to be an OT worth a high pick.

Price is not only good but versatile...he can play C or OG. http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/12/30/billy-price-nfl-draft-profile/

Price = great value at the top of the 2nd round.

Makes an arguably strong positional unit stronger.

29 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Price is not only good but versatile...he can play C or OG. http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/12/30/billy-price-nfl-draft-profile/

I'm not sure if that guard versatility really adds value to us though 

we got two of the highest paid guards in the league we shouldn't even be thinking about them not being out there at all. 

I do like Price alot though 

If he makes it to Philly's 2nd than yeah i'd have to he might be a perennial pro bowler but with what we need right now idk if I could easily take a center high. 

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I'm not sure if that guard versatility really adds value to us though 

we got two of the highest paid guards in the league we shouldn't even be thinking about them not being out there at all. 

I do like Price alot though 

If he makes it to Philly's 2nd than yeah i'd have to he might be a perennial pro bowler but with what we need right now idk if I could easily take a center high. 

It would be a luxury pick in a sense but with a 2nd great value.

He is a C/G.

With Bitonio's injury history, and Tretter's for that matter, I would make the pick.

We still are and will be building for the future for a while.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Price would be a great pick in the 2nd. 

Problem I see is that he probably goes in the first. Easily first center off the board; and the versatility to play guard. Probably goes early to mid 20s to a team that will plug him right in and start. 

He’s likely the safest pick for us if he slid to the 2nd for some reason. A sure thing stud starting interior lineman. 

We need a capable center and tackle more than guard IMO.

Drango can step in and be an good starting guard if Bitonio or Zeitler go down.

I liked Austin Reiter before he got injured last year but who knows if he can be a good player after they get tape on him 

I like our oline and I think eveyone is better next year. 

I am disappointed with Zeitler he doesn't dominate  at the point of attack. He seems like an above average guard. Bitonio dominated people at times this year. You can kind of see it in thier body shapes, bitonio has a huge chest and is able to twist opponetns upper bodies and maul them into the ground. Zeiler it more like the shape of a ruler his mass is more evenly distributed.  Once you have your footwork soughted it is about being able to control the other guys upper body, Bitonio is more able to do that with his strength than Kevin. 

I wish I could find PFF's rankings, I saw it right after the season ended and Joe, Joel, Kevin and JC were all rated good. Coleman was the only true stater that didn't have a favorable grade, but honestly he is doing fine at RT and is still very young with a good future. Our problems really weren't O-Line related. They were rookie QB holding onto the ball too long related and Head Coach not running the ball enough related. 

21 hours ago, bruceb said:

It would be a luxury pick in a sense but with a 2nd great value.

He is a C/G.

With Bitonio's injury history, and Tretter's for that matter, I would make the pick.

We still are and will be building for the future for a while.

Two things, here. Injuries happen a lot. If Price can play two positions well, that would be an added bonus. One of Dorsey’s traits is to build depth. If we can do that, and Price is that good, he’ll play. I’m not saying Dorsey will draft him, but how many other picks would provide that combination of versatility and level of play. 

1 hour ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

Two things, here. Injuries happen a lot. If Price can play two positions well, that would be an added bonus. One of Dorsey’s traits is to build depth. If we can do that, and Price is that good, he’ll play. I’m not saying Dorsey will draft him, but how many other picks would provide that combination of versatility and level of play. 

Price is going to be a solid pro at center or guard. If Dorsey does take him, it's going to be for him to start in place of Tretter. Tretter played good and has a team friendly contract, so if anything, I could see him moved for a mid round pick. 

Archived