Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Nick Bosa's quads. How do you get like that at 21? O.o

Image result for nick bosa legs

Fantastic genetics, deep squats (and other movements) with heavy weight, a high work ethic and pain tolerance.

Most of us would have to sub the genetics for gear... and still not have them. lol

Just now, Sugashane said:

Fantastic genetics, deep squats (and other movements) with heavy weight, a high work ethic and pain tolerance.

Most of us would have to sub the genetics for gear... and still not have them. lol

At 20 though, it's crazy. This must be the genetics part? Reckon those two brothers would have been working out from like....12?

• Like 1

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

At 20 though, it's crazy. This must be the genetics part? Reckon those two brothers would have been working out from like....12?

Oh yeah. The Bosa brothers are genetic freaks and likely have been at it for almost 10 years consistently.

And I want to point out that I am not bashing or claiming anything negative about them specifically, but don't be quick to assume there has never been PEDs either from these guys. I saw it used at the D-III level, so people who are playing for multimillion dollar deals likely would be looking for an edge. I can say unequivocally that I would use them if I had a chance at this kind of money. Even if not true steroids, things like CJC-1295, GHRP 2 or 6, IGF-1, novolog, etc. There are a ton of peptides that can give a definitive advantage over natural opponents. Cycling them can make it far easier to keep from getting busted on any tests too.

27 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Oh yeah. The Bosa brothers are genetic freaks and likely have been at it for almost 10 years consistently.

And I want to point out that I am not bashing or claiming anything negative about them specifically, but don't be quick to assume there has never been PEDs either from these guys. I saw it used at the D-III level, so people who are playing for multimillion dollar deals likely would be looking for an edge. I can say unequivocally that I would use them if I had a chance at this kind of money. Even if not true steroids, things like CJC-1295, GHRP 2 or 6, IGF-1, novolog, etc. There are a ton of peptides that can give a definitive advantage over natural opponents. Cycling them can make it far easier to keep from getting busted on any tests too.

Yep, with ya. 

I was able to hit 295 lb for 10 reps on the bench this morning. I've been benching 2x per week, with only 2 sets per bench workout, after the warmup reps- the first set is at my 10-12 rep weight, and the second set is with 225 lb, approaching failure. After bench, I'll do only 1 different chest exercise.

Once I can get 315 lb x 12, I'm only going to bench maybe 2x per month, replacing most of my benching days to focus on the seated overhead barbell press.

• Like 2

Anyone have an air bike? Thinking of going with one of these over a regular exercise bike. It has to be able to work well for both myself, and my gf. I like to do a little more HIIT, she'd probably be more steady state. Does it work well for both? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 11:46 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

I think this is the answer. 

Born and placed on a bow flex immediately, plus good genes and work ethic, but I think they were some workhorse infants 

Edited by Dome

8 hours ago, amac said:

Has anyone ever gotten lower back pain from benching? Googling  told me to retract my scapula and engage the core which I already do

I get lower back pain from life in general, lol.

How's your core? Strong abs and core tends to stabilize lower back. Does feet on bench stop the pain?