Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

I would only eat throughout the day if I wanted to pile on some more mass.

I'm 5'10 with 106 lb of muscle. (The avg 5'10" man has 74 lb of muscle). I'm already damn big. I'm just looking to be healthy and control my blood sugar and body fat levels. 

I didn't eat a calorie for 14 days and lost 30 lb. I didn't weight myself everyday, so I'm not even sure my weight loss was slowing down at Day 14.

If you're looking to shed a lot of BF, just fast as long as you can. Only consume lightly salted water for 1+ week. It brings out Growth Hormone in your body that preserves muscle mass. Eating small is actually worse for you to lose weight because there's no GH affect, and it keeps you bloodsugar up along with your hunger hormone, ghrelin.

I recommend the Snake Diet fasting protocol. It changed my whole way of thinking.

On 12/09/2018 at 10:54 PM, freak_of_nature said:

"Starvation Mode" does not exist unless you have no bodyfat. Kids in Africa are in starvation mode. We are not.

After doing the 3-4 hour eating window for awhile, I truly believe that we are not meant to be in a constantly fed state. You're body feels much better fasted.

We're not, no. We would have spent 90% of our waking hours trying to find food for the best part of humans' existence since day dot. Makes me laugh when some people act like hunger is an emergency

I haven't quite got my window down to 4 though. I like food too much :D

Edited by Hunter2_1

On 9/9/2018 at 9:02 PM, freak_of_nature said:

On 9/9/2018 at 8:58 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

you can’t outrun your fork

I'll have to use this line.

You guys are dumb. Forks don’t even move. I can outrun a fork easy and I’m fat.

Only for like a couple minutes before I get tired, because like I said, fat. But as soon as I eat a big spaghetti dinner and some ice cream, have a little nap, then I’m good to go. Fork still hasn’t even gone anywhere.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

This is the routine I generally go through, are there any areas I'm really missing? Not much for legs because I bike a lot.

Running
Bicep Curls
Incline Situps
Bench Press
Squats
Pull Ups
Leg Lifts
Dips
Cable Row
Overhead Press
Russian Twists
Tricep Pull
Shoulder Fly

21 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Deadlifts?

DYEL @Heimdallr?

On 9/14/2018 at 9:56 AM, Heimdallr said:

This is the routine I generally go through, are there any areas I'm really missing? Not much for legs because I bike a lot.

Running
Bicep Curls
Incline Situps
Bench Press
Squats
Pull Ups
Leg Lifts
Dips
Cable Row
Overhead Press
Russian Twists
Tricep Pull
Shoulder Fly

I will always bang the table for front squats. Nothing quite feels the same. Great for posture, abs, overall core strength, flexibility, it's an ego-checking lift for sure.

Deadlifts are great but a lot of people don't do them for valid reasons. Or they can't, or shouldn't, etc. Taxing lift.

On 9/14/2018 at 8:56 AM, Heimdallr said:

Running
Bicep Curls
Incline Situps
Bench Press
Squats
Pull Ups
Leg Lifts
Dips
Cable Row
Overhead Press
Russian Twists
Tricep Pull
Shoulder Fly

What is your goal? You're hitting pretty much every group, just without reps/sets idk what you are trying to accomplish. That'll help with adding or subtracting something. 

Edited by Sugashane

5 hours ago, cddolphin said:

I will always bang the table for front squats. Nothing quite feels the same. Great for posture, abs, overall core strength, flexibility, it's an ego-checking lift for sure.

Agree x 1000.

I’m not impressed by 4 plate half squats, show me 225 front squats to depth for reps.

5 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Deadlifts are great but a lot of people don't do them for valid reasons. Or they can't, or shouldn't, etc. Taxing lift.

Eh, most people don’t do them because they’re hard af.

As long as you mind your form there’s no reason not to do them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agree x 1000.

I’m not impressed by 4 plate half squats, show me 225 front squats to depth for reps.

I've gotten into doing A2G squats, and I love them.

Dude has really set the bar for form for me. I used to do parallel but this is so much harder.

• Like 1