Eliot Wolf New Asst. GM - GB Reunion in Cleveland

Mind Character

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

He gone...

Son of a gun...He'd be the clearn number 2 man in Oakland...

Here he'd be the number 3..

If I were him, I'd take the Oakland job.

Just when I thought this thread was going to be a good prediction

Maybe Dorsey can convince him of something; however, Reggie Mckenzie is easier to work for and with than Dorsey...so that'll probably play into things a lot.

Reggie is easier to work for and with than Dorsey?? You hear something we havent? What makes you say that? 

1 minute ago, Fatgerman said:

Reggie is easier to work for and with than Dorsey?? You hear something we havent? What makes you say that? 

Being difficult to work with was part of the reason (speculation) Dorsey was fired in KC.

He’s not known to communicate well with others and kind of does his own thing.....or so “they” say.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Being difficult to work with was part of the reason (speculation) Dorsey was fired in KC.

He’s not known to communicate well with others and kind of does his own thing.....or so “they” say.

Well, if thats the case, we pull a Misery and hobble him so he cant leave.

How I locked down my wife.

Sign Ryan to be OC. Not a Hue guy. Gregg Williams has already vastly improved our D with a limited secondary. You keep him for atleast another year. Fire Hue. Being in Toub. You can still keep Ryan and Williams. Just will need to make some minor adjustments to Assistants. And for the love good fire Tabor this offseason. I’m sure Toub can handle being the HC and our together a great ST group

15 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yeah no way Wolf comes here

Not even sure we need him but it’s always good to have people around that come from winning pedigrees 

Oakland with Gruden under McKenzie will be a great spot 

I’m really surprised Green Bay made all these changes

the efforts of one man, Aaron Rodgers have made an entire organization IMO. 

They would all of been fired years ago without him playing. 

Greenbay has some decent, but largely mediocre talent. 

One reason he might come here is the opportunity to really impact the org with his skills. The Raiders only have 15 M in cap space and the Browns have 110 M. If I was a talent evaluator who wanted to showcase his skills then I would want to go somewhere I could and not just somewhere to earn a pay check. He could kind of step out of his dads shadow here. 

I think Cleveland is the better job. But of course I’m biased. 

40 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

One reason he might come here is the opportunity to really impact the org with his skills. The Raiders only have 15 M in cap space and the Browns have 110 M. If I was a talent evaluator who wanted to showcase his skills then I would want to go somewhere I could and not just somewhere to earn a pay check. He could kind of step out of his dads shadow here. 

I think Cleveland is the better job. But of course I’m biased. 

If the CLE opportunity to make an impact and turn a franchise around doesn't appeal to him, he is not worth his salt.

And we already have someone in leadership position who is not worth his salt.

We do not need more.

I think he comes to Cleveland because there is no pressure. Its a win/win. If he is a part of the FO that turnes the franchise around. They will be looked at as gods. He might be able to get the pick of any GM job he wants with that being on his resume. Specially if he is part with them finally landing a franchise QB. If they fail here in Cleveland, guess what, they can just say, Its Cleveland. Place that is near impossible to be successful. 

Taking a gamble and it could be a huge payoff for him.

55 minutes ago, bruceb said:

If the CLE opportunity to make an impact and turn a franchise around doesn't appeal to him, he is not worth his salt.

And we already have someone in leadership position who is not worth his salt.

We do not need more.

Clever Bruce. Im proud the way youre overcoming your dementia, especially at your age. And dont worry, when youre in the home and cant remember a dam thing, ill tell you everyday the story how we met and fell in love. #TheNotebookMakesMeWeepy

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

the efforts of one man, Aaron Rodgers have made an entire organization IMO. 

They would all of been fired years ago without him playing. 

Greenbay has some decent, but largely mediocre talent. 

I don't agree with this. Favre would have came back and started and probably played until 2010 when he retired. People forget how good he was in 09 with Minnesota. 33 td's 7 int's completing 68% of his passes. He tore up with Sidney Rice as his #1 target and Shiancoe as his TE. GB prolly would have taken Andy Dalton or Colin K in the 2011 draft and been just fine afterwards. 

15 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think he comes to Cleveland because there is no pressure. Its a win/win. If he is a part of the FO that turnes the franchise around. They will be looked at as gods. He might be able to get the pick of any GM job he wants with that being on his resume. Specially if he is part with them finally landing a franchise QB. If they fail here in Cleveland, guess what, they can just say, Its Cleveland. Place that is near impossible to be successful. 

Taking a gamble and it could be a huge payoff for him.

This is just my opinion. And I’m a Browns fan. I think the best move for him would be to join Dorsey and Highsmith here. The potential is here for a quick turnaround and he would be part of it and could associate with it. Thus, his future GM stock would go up. And, if said turnaround doesn’t happen as planned, he is kind of insulated by layers of ex-Packers to cushion the blow.

If he were to go to Oakland, it’s going to be all Gruden, win, lose, or draw. Not much room to make much of a mark. 

4 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Clever Bruce. Im proud the way youre overcoming your dementia, especially at your age. And dont worry, when youre in the home and cant remember a dam thing, ill tell you everyday the story how we met and fell in love. #TheNotebookMakesMeWeepy

I will go out on the tundra before I go into the home.

If I can find the tundra, that is. ;)

Archived