Week 18: Titans vs. Chiefs

gopherwrestler

10 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Just a neutral observation. I don't think I've seen any non-Titans or non-Oregon fans say Mariota is a good QB.

[raises hand]

He was disappointing this year but based on the film I watched last year, I thought he was ready to take over the league.

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I agree, but I think the reaction comes from that particular poster constantly putting Mariota on a pedestal when he has good games and making excuses when he isnt playing well.    

I like Mariota as an NFL QB alot more than I thought I would when he came out, but he has some notable flaws that still need to be worked out, and maybe an offensive system better suited to his play style.  

The reaction to a troll is not to troll along side him.

He definitely still has work to do, though. I don't think anyone would argue that.

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

The reaction to a troll is not to troll along side him.

He definitely still has work to do, though. I don't think anyone would argue that.

Im not really defending it.....just saying that alot of times when people go overboard with praise for a player....some feel the need to balance it out with excessive hate.

If you recall, for a few years on here, there were threads started by Chiefs fans talking about how great they were going to be, and there were alot of irrational haters to balance out the irrational homerism.   

^_^....just how it works, I guess.

I'm a pretty big mariota fan but he definitely still has a lot he can refine with his passing. This game alone there were several wide open throws that he missed. With that said, he's pretty damn entertaining and he played a solid game today.

29 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I get that, but the Jags have yet to win their wildcard game.   While its extremely probable, it isnt guaranteed.    The Titans are already in the divisional round and while its a "David vs Goliath" matchup, they are still one step closer than the Jags at this point.   So laughing at the Titans chances is a bit premature.  

Jag fans.....

Image result for five heartbeats gif

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Im not really defending it.....just saying that alot of times when people go overboard with praise for a player....some feel the need to balance it out with excessive hate.

If you recall, for a few years on here, there were threads started by Chiefs fans talking about how great they were going to be, and there were alot of irrational haters to balance out the irrational homerism.   

^_^....just how it works, I guess.

No I definitely wasn't insinuating that you were. Just making a statement on it. I've been posting with you on here for a long time, I know when you're defending something and when you're not.;)

28 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Pretty much everyone agrees that he's had a down year, but pretty much no one except haters are going to say he's a bad QB.

Not bad, just not good. Bad mechanics. Bad decisions. Bad stats, and like I said, from the times I've watched him I've never come away impressed with him.

4 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Not bad, just not good. Bad mechanics. Bad decisions. Bad stats, and like I said, from the times I've watched him I've never come away impressed with him.

This is the first year he's had bad stats and that's in large part because he couldn't use his best asset, his legs for like half the games.  He's generally a good decision maker so I don't know where you're getting that from, most of his interceptions come from inaccurate throws due to those bad mechanics though. 

I'll have to go back and watch the game, since I overslept. ¬¬

Still, it's nice to see Mariota help his team to a come from behind win in the playoffs. Still a fan of his, and still think he has room to grow despite the critics. He didn't seem as bad to me this year as his statistics indicated. He has to bring his A game next week against the Patriots though. The entire team does really, but it starts with him. 

16 minutes ago, CKS97 said:

Seriously, it is amazing how fortunate Tennessee has been this year.

Fortunate how? Our franchise Qb has been injured all year until last week and he no training camp or offseason workouts. We were also missing our #5 overall pick for 8 weeks. People act like we didn't beat anyone. We were 4-2 against teams with a winning record. Everyone likes to talk up the Jags every week, and we punched them in the mouth, twice. Beat the Seahawks and the Ravens, and just went into Arrowhead with a team that has ONE player on it that has playoff experience and won the game while everyone save for Teddy Bruschi and Randy Moss said we were going to get destroyed.

12 minutes ago, CKS97 said:

Seriously, it is amazing how fortunate Tennessee has been this year.

That TD mariotta scored was a heads up play, he stayed alert until the play was , well over. Too many players don't go until the whistle but he kept that play alive, and then later had a nice block to ice the game. Only a few qb's would make a real block, never knew he was one of them. 

I expect their fortunes to be ended next week and it might get ugly, LeBeau has a severely bad record vs Brady and the pats.  But wait and see, thats why they play the games. 

Archived