Week 18: Titans vs. Chiefs

gopherwrestler

I think the injury of Chris Jones was more important, since that destroyed our pass rush. But anyways there can't be any excuse to this game. We should have never blown that away. Besides that i definitely want to congratulate the Titans. The 1st half looked terrible, in the 2nd half the team showed character. I hope u can give whoever u're playing against in the Divisional Round a fight for the money.

39 minutes ago, bzane said:

But..... but....... Revis Island. Revis Island! REVIS ISLAND!!!

Looked more like he was on Beavis Island on that play!

Image result for Beavis Island

Dont think he would have saved the 1st and thats why he pulled up but damn at least go for the strip. You weren't in his peripheral vision so you might have gotten lucky

14 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

The reaction to a troll is not to troll along side him.

He definitely still has work to do, though. I don't think anyone would argue that.

Crazy Marcus Mariota stat: With just 2,240 receiving yards next week, he'll become the NFL's all time leading playoff receiver.

Alex Smith proves his con artist credentials again. He should have been traded during the season at a high. 

Alternatively, Mariota has some weapons. Delanie Walker has 2 Pro Bowls. Henry is an underrated 6'3 RB. Decker has a recent 1000 yard season, and a couple near that # if not for injury. I also see a 1st round receiver on the field. That's a good WR corps. Garrapollo has far worse in San Fran 

Just now, celestial said:

Alex Smith proves his con artist credentials again. He should have been traded during the season at a high. 

Alternatively, Mariota has some weapons. Delanie Walker has 2 Pro Bowls. Henry is an underrated 6'3 RB. Decker has a recent 1000 yard season, and a couple near that # if not for injury. I also see a 1st round receiver on the field. That's a good WR corps. Garrapollo has far worse in San Fran 

eric decker is absolutely awful

Just now, -Hope- said:

eric decker is absolutely awful

He has 2 1000 seasons with Fitzpatrick and Peyton. Also a 962 yard season with Geno Smith that adjusts to 1000+ yards if not for Decker's injury woes that season. Decker is a good WR. 

Relative to Mariota's riches, Garrapollo played with no Pro Bowl TE, no 1000 yard receiver, etc. The "Mariota doesn't have weapons" argument is overblown. Tyrod Taylor has fewer weapons. 

Just now, celestial said:

He has 2 1000 seasons with Fitzpatrick and Peyton. Also a 962 yard season with Geno Smith that adjusts to 1000+ yards if not for Decker's injury woes that season. Decker is a good WR. 

Relative to Mariota's riches, Garrapollo played with no Pro Bowl TE, no 1000 yard receiver, etc. The "Mariota doesn't have weapons" argument is overblown. Tyrod Taylor has fewer weapons. 

who cares what he’s done in seasons past? this year he’s been a slow, useless drop machine who can’t get open.

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

who cares what he’s done in seasons past? this year he’s been a slow, useless drop machine who can’t get open.

He wasn't bad the season before in New York. Fitzpatrick is the one who  regressed. The problem might be Mariota. Mariota's strongest part of his game is his running.

29 minutes ago, celestial said:

Pathetic.  Gaddapollo has an offensive genius coach.  Mariota has mike Mularkey. 

The 49ers can overcome multiple interception games from garrapolo bc of your scheme.  That ain’t the titans.

19 minutes ago, celestial said:

He wasn't bad the season before in New York. Fitzpatrick is the one who  regressed. The problem might be Mariota. Mariota's strongest part of his game is his running.

You’re not getting it.... Mariota can’t make Decker get open or stop dropping the ball. He’s had 4 crucial drops the past 2 games. I’m not defending Mariota but Decker is slow as dirt and his best attribute right now is blocking. I don’t care what he did last year or the year before. He hasn’t been good this year. 

7 minutes ago, footlunder said:

Pathetic.  Gaddapollo has an offensive genius coach.  Mariota has mike Mularkey. 

The 49ers can overcome multiple interception games from garrapolo bc of your scheme.  That ain’t the titans.

Agreed. I’d love to see Mariota in Kyle Shanahan’s scheme.

6 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

That was so Chiefs. I do like that even down double digits Titans still ran the ball. I know Kelce’s injury was big but I think even if he was there they still would’ve lost.

I agree about the titans running the ball, not many teams would have kept with the running game, maybe a few? But I disagree about Kelce, he is like gronk and totally changes the game. The great TE/Slot WR's hybrids deserve credit on how they influence the game and affect defences. To me the game looked like a blowout and then Kelce got hurt. 

Archived