GWT: Week 19 Saints @ Vikings

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Saints @ Vikings  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

8 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

That’s my point. Lee Evans didn’t. Blair Walsh hasn’t. Billy Cundiff didn’t. 

Its a shame it happened to such a young player. Rather that happen to a veteran.

The only way you recover is if the team wins it all the next year.  And MIN doesn't win it all this year.  If MIN wins it all this year....man.  Dunno.

I will say Rahim was past his peak when it happened - so Williams has time to recover.   But yeah, this is gonna be really tough on him until they can start playing again for real.

I'm glad I can laugh at these Marcus Williams jokes. Some of them are really funny. It was an extremely unfortunate mistake, but he was a great player this year- especially for a rookie. He honestly wasn't too far off from Lattimore's level. He made a mistake and he'll definitely be paying for it for the rest of his life. I'm not mad at him and I never will be no matter how many times I'm reminded of this play. The Saints as a team made many more mistakes that will be glossed over, it's not all on him. Maybe he can use this as some serious motivation to improve his technique and become the greatest tackler the league has ever seen from now on. B|

BTW, Saints fans - take heart.  This L is for sure crushing, as a Broncos fan who watched Rahim Moore and BAL (and that's still not as bad, because we still had chances to win after that), I think I can imagine how painful this was.   

But you get Brees re-signed, your core is so young, and you are headed for even loftier heights.   Tonight sucks, no way around it.  

Archived