Bears Hire Matt Nagy

WindyCity

We'll have to wait and see if he's a good coach or not.  I saw that KC was top 10. even 5 in a few areas.  Passing yards, rushing yards, points scored and QB passer rating I think were the ones.  Correct me if I'm wrong on those.    I just hope that we don't have another Trestman on our hands. 

52 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

We'll have to wait and see if he's a good coach or not.  I saw that KC was top 10. even 5 in a few areas.  Passing yards, rushing yards, points scored and QB passer rating I think were the ones.  Correct me if I'm wrong on those.    I just hope that we don't have another Trestman on our hands. 

I think the comparisons can stop after you look at the fact that they are offensive minded.  Pretty much every other way you can think of they are polar opposites.

Quick thoughts as im just starting the raiders game.  7 plays on the first drive, 2 designed runs 4 pass plays one qb run that i cant tell if its designed or not.  4 receivers at the line on 6 of 7 plays.  Obvious spread concepts.  One jumbo package pass play resulting in a sack.  Of the 7 plays They used 7 different looks.  Smith should have had a TD on the play that resulted in a sack double post with the outside post open.  Thats easy pitch and catch for MT10

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Packers interviewing Pettine...have to wonder if this is an indication they don't feel Fangio is leaving and in Pettine's part he doesn't think Nagy is gonna need a DC.

Id say likely yes on both accounts.  Wont shock me at all if the Bears announce a new extension Fangio at the introductory presser

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Id say likely yes on both accounts.  Wont shock me at all if the Bears announce a new extension Fangio at the introductory presser

That certainly has to be their plan if they truly do want him back.  I'm sure hoping they manage.  Imagine that defensive continuity going into next season plus an offense tailor made for Trubisky's skillset.  We will be on the upswing for sure.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Packers interviewing Pettine...have to wonder if this is an indication they don't feel Fangio is leaving and in Pettine's part he doesn't think Nagy is gonna need a DC.

More likely just doing their due diligence.  From all accounts, they've already interviewed their internal candidates (Darren Perry, Joe Whitt, and Winston Moss).  Just a matter of time before they interviewed outside candidates.  The Packers asked for the right to interview Austin, and the Lions obviously said no.  IF the Packers asked the Bears to interview Fangio, they're obviously going to say no.  Just have to wait until his contract expires.

David Kaplan

Source tells me the Indianapolis Colts were all in on hiring Matt Nagy. Uncertainty on health of Andrew Luck vs Mitchell Trubisky + Nagy’s belief the Bears roster is much better made decision for him. “Pace landed him by convincing him sunny days are ahead for the Bears.”

• Like 3