2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

38 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

Gesiski just got into the discussion at #14.

No he really didn't. OJ Howard was a better prospect and he went 19. Gesicki and Andrews cant block yet, so they're like sub package players right now, you can really only play them on pass downs right now.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

20 tight ends selected in the top 14 since the NFL merger, but some guy nobody heard about a week ago is suddenly an option at 14? 

Gesiski , who hasn't heard of him, do u watch any big 10 football?

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

But there is absolutely ZERO evidence that our ILB play has been a downfall of our defense in the last handful of years.  I mean, did we lose in 2016 or 2017 because of our ILB play?  No.  I think the last time that our ILB play lost us games was when we had the AJ Hawk/Brad Jones days as our starting ILBs.

Did I state or even imply  “ILB play was the “downfall of the defense”? 

Agian, only stated it’s a position that could be upgraded to make the whole defense better. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

That may make him our pick, if the edge rushers with similar draft grades are off the board. How far should the Packers reach to take an edge rusher over a more highly rated corner?

That height really hurts that corners rating.

Gesicki doesn't play to his timed speed.  Hopefully all this does is elevate him on other teams boards.  He can't block either.

Would rather have Hurst or Godoert with Fu or Smythe later on.

Just now, ArthurPensky said:

How does someone have such strong opinions on draft picks without watching college football?

As I've said before, I have never once in my entire life claimed to know which prospects are better than others.  It's actually incredibly simple... I talk about positional value and how it relates to success at the NFL level.  How is that confusing? 

Yeah, we can't take a TE at 14. We'd be totally wasting our primo pick.

BPA on Defense with preference to OLB if the value is there.

I have no problem with taking a TE in the 2nd round. We should be able to still get one of the top ones.

Archived