2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

25 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

LSU is my college team, Chark is a body catcher. I still like him though, but not ahead of Moore, Hamilton, St. Brown or Gallup.

Haven't looked at Hamilton or Gallup.

Spent tonight actually watching Chark, St. Brown, and Ridley.

Ridley just kills everything. Routes. Hands. YAC. Reminded me of Santonio Holmes. St. Brown reminded me of Calvin Johnson although he isn't as fast or sudden. Chark reminded me of Torrey Smith although I'd also say Chark has better agility in general.

8 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Haven't looked at Hamilton or Gallup.

Spent tonight actually watching Chark, St. Brown, and Ridley.

Ridley just kills everything. Routes. Hands. YAC. Reminded me of Santonio Holmes. St. Brown reminded me of Calvin Johnson although he isn't as fast or sudden. Chark reminded me of Torrey Smith although I'd also say Chark has better agility in general.

Don't like Ridley at all. Frail, not explosive, limited route tree. I don't think he's going to be much different from a Torrey Smith in the NFL.

Hamilton you'll see is Davante Adams. Gallup my comp was Terrence Williams, though a majority of my comps are athlete ability and body type based, in college he plays like Boldin, but the athletic profile is too different for me to make that comp.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Don't like Ridley at all. Frail, not explosive, limited route tree. I don't think he's going to be much different from a Torrey Smith in the NFL.

Hamilton you'll see is Davante Adams. Gallup my comp was Terrence Williams, though a majority of my comps are athlete ability and body type based, in college he plays like Boldin, but the athletic profile is too different for me to make that comp.

Keenan Allen?

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Totally agree on Hamilton. I tend to compare players to current and former Packers too frequently, trying to avoid that. I just can't avoid it with Hamilton. He's got that same wiggle and shake that Adams has. 

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Another MD....with a few wrinkles.......

Pick #11 - Denzel Ward - CB, Ohio State

PROJECTED TRADE WITH DOLPHINS. Ward falls to No. 11 and the Packers, who are dying for a lockdown corner, make a move to get what they need.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000925758/article/maurice-jonesdrew-mock-draft-10-browns-land-lamar-jackson

What was the compensation to move up for Ward? 3rd round pick? I'd be willing to give that up to get a player of Wards caliber and at a position of need.

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Another MD....with a few wrinkles.......

Pick #11 - Denzel Ward - CB, Ohio State

PROJECTED TRADE WITH DOLPHINS. Ward falls to No. 11 and the Packers, who are dying for a lockdown corner, make a move to get what they need.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000925758/article/maurice-jonesdrew-mock-draft-10-browns-land-lamar-jackson

But in that draft.......Fitzgerald AND Trumaine Edmunds were still on the board at #11. Would've taken either one of those two first.  Love the idea of a small trade up for Edmunds. 

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

But in that draft.......Fitzgerald AND Trumaine Edmunds were still on the board at #11. Would've taken either one of those two first.  Love the idea of a small trade up for Edmunds. 

I had / have similar thoughts....but thats just me....well, and you too. I dont want to get off on some "fixation" rant - but I just think Edmunds could be a special player at the next level. No size, weight, height or speed concerns. Check all the boxes. Nothing but a playmaker.  

Not a pure EDGE player - true - but certainly one of consequence IMO. One we could scheme around - especially paired with CM or Josh Jones - lined up inside / outside - all over. Speed, speed, speed. Nothing but sideline to sideline speed. He's got the size and arm length to take on and shed blockers / stay clean and is a tackling machine. He wraps up.

So, I'm simply riding on cruise control at this point hoping the powers that be @ 1265  will select the most dynamic player available. Whoever that is.

13 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Really hope we take a look at DJ Chark if he’s there round two. Could add that speed dimension we’ve been lacking for years.

I really like him...he reminds me of this player...can you tell me who it is?

6'2.5'' 210 pounds.  Broad Jump of 124 inches.  Vertical of 39.5 inches.  40 yard dash..4.4 seconds.  3 cone: 6.86   Pre 2008....  :)

44 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I really like him...he reminds me of this player...can you tell me who it is?

6'2.5'' 210 pounds.  Broad Jump of 124 inches.  Vertical of 39.5 inches.  40 yard dash..4.4 seconds.  3 cone: 6.86   Pre 2008....  :)

Not a Packer right?

NVM.. Javon Walker, final answer Regis.

Archived