2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

Still wish there was a way one of James, Ward or Fitz drops to 14.....at 14 you want one of the specials at a position of need. Might have to get a special at a position not considered an immediate need and use the other picks to position for targeted players that the staff feels fills the needs. Be interesting to see how Gute handles his first draft. The additional couple weeks are really ridiculous in the draft process. Should have moved it up into March not back later in April. But then these draft sites and "experts" would make a lot less money. Hang in there Titletown!

from mcginns draft series:

QUOTE TO NOTE

NFL scout: “We don’t pay much attention to pro-day times. At the combine we know it’s legit because they’re drug tested. Strength coaches say there are things you can take to make you faster on one day.”

1 hour ago, PackFan4Life said:

Still wish there was a way one of James, Ward or Fitz drops to 14.....at 14 you want one of the specials at a position of need. Might have to get a special at a position not considered an immediate need and use the other picks to position for targeted players that the staff feels fills the needs. Be interesting to see how Gute handles his first draft. The additional couple weeks are really ridiculous in the draft process. Should have moved it up into March not back later in April. But then these draft sites and "experts" would make a lot less money. Hang in there Titletown!

I really wouldn’t be shocked if one of them were there.

Top 4 qbs, maybe 5

Barkley, Chubb, Nelson 

Wouldnt shock me if Edmunds, Smith, Vea were taken early 

Then all we would need is a dark horse pick or two. Crazier things have happened .

2 hours ago, PackFan4Life said:

NFL.com released their 2nd mock...kind of realistic with trades for QB's happening above GB...anyway...James ends up at #14, GB snags him.  If you want to see how this happened, here is the link.  :)

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-mock-draft-2-0-browns-tempted-josh-allen-cowboys-desperate-wr-184914148.html

Not that I want Jackson at 14 but hes a better football player then what his combine shows. Hes really getting a bad rep based on combine numbers but watching him play he is one of the most instinctual players I have ever watched at the CB position in college. (Might be an exaggeration). 

I don't dislike Josh Jackson. I dislike him in our previous defense. I would trust that Pettine would adapt for him, but I won't be pounding the table for him over Ward or James. When we don't get either of them I will be one very sad jburge

52 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

NFL.com released their 2nd mock...kind of realistic with trades for QB's happening above GB...anyway...James ends up at #14, GB snags him.  If you want to see how this happened, here is the link.  :)

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-mock-draft-2-0-browns-tempted-josh-allen-cowboys-desperate-wr-184914148.html

Man if the board fell like this, Gute better be on the phone trading up to get Landry. Derwin and Landry would be a home run draft. 

Archived