Coordinator News and Rumors

WindyCity

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

So far Nagy is hiring a lot of familiar faces from the Lovie regime.  Tabor was once thought of as an up and comer when he assisted under Toub here.  Went to the worst and most dysfunctional franchise in the NFL and its no surprise he didn't have much success in that dumpster fire.  Don't listen to the haters. 

A guy named "Stunner" from another forum I frequent had some info on Tabor that's fairly encouraging.

e5b4356d25617b5f19bf27b39c2c91b2.jpg

13 minutes ago, Epyon said:

A guy named "Stunner" from another forum I frequent had some info on Tabor that's fairly encouraging.

e5b4356d25617b5f19bf27b39c2c91b2.jpg

The PR average and KO average against are both good to see. The total KR yardage and return yardage allowed are misleading though IMO since their record suggests they’ve probably received more KOs than pretty much every other team, and kicked off themselves less than pretty much every other team. 

I am personally sending a thank you card to Nagy tomorrow for taking the leach know as Tabor. To the guy who said we led the league statistically in punt return yards and kick return yards don’t let them full you. When you get 4-5 kick returns a game not including the kick offs at the beginning and at half time you’re going to rank high in return yards based purely off volume. Teams scored on us at will. Most of the years he was here. Our st was on the field for most of the game because we couldn’t score. Or got scored on all the time. He’s honestly a great rah rah type of coach very animated but lacks any creativity at all. And zero actually skill at coaching ST. He rode the coat tails of Toub and was only average when we had josh cribbs, arguably one of the greatest return men in the game. And trust me that was pure athletic ability nothing Tabor did influenced that. Enjoy bears fans enjoy. 

I have pretty happy with the Tabor hire...he learned under Toub and clearly the connection to Nagy is that Tabor was recommended to him...as much as some Cleveland fans may think Tabor sucks you have to look at what he's working with...the bottom of that roster is clearly as bad as any in the NFL. 

Just now, TankWilliams said:

Looks like Mark Helfrich is going to be OC

It will certainly bring diversity to the team...interesting that every coach we are brining in has extensive college coaching experience...if like Nagy you want teachers that is where you find them...if we keep our current QB & TE coach which looks likely then we just need a quality WR coach and the offensive staff looks pretty good.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I have pretty happy with the Tabor hire...he learned under Toub and clearly the connection to Nagy is that Tabor was recommended to him...as much as some Cleveland fans may think Tabor sucks you have to look at what he's working with...the bottom of that roster is clearly as bad as any in the NFL. 

This.  I know it's a coaches job to get the most out of the talent he is given to work with but the Browns have just been awful at player procurement the past few years so it's hard to judge Tabor when he was working with the bottom of the roster of one of the very bottom teams in the league.

I like the fact that he has a history with the Bears working under Toub where they had some of the best special teams units we have ever seen.  

25 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

It will certainly bring diversity to the team...interesting that every coach we are brining in has extensive college coaching experience...if like Nagy you want teachers that is where you find them...if we keep our current QB & TE coach which looks likely then we just need a quality WR coach and the offensive staff looks pretty good.

Helfrich would be really interesting. I know it’s Nagy’s offense, but any Helfrich influence would be a twist I didn’t expect. If true I like that Nagy isn’t going after old NFL with this hire. We’ve seen old NFL here long enough on offense. Old NFL is fine for OL play (Hiestand) though. 

Archived