LeVeon Bell @ His Contract Demand

Ward4HOF

45 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Very unlikely the Packers would pay up but oh my goodness Bell with Rodgers would be lethal.

It would look dangerous on paper but it ultimately wouldn't matter because McCarthy wouldn't utilize him anyhow. They have Jones who looked good with every opportunity this season and they still split his carries and didn't use him properly. 

I get Bell wanting to be paid, he deserves it, but the way that he has gone about it thus far I wouldn't be surprised to see a tag/trade(which is possible giving his ability) or just letting him "retire". And after seeing 431 touches this season, including the playoffs, I'm not sure it's a bad idea.  

For a team tight against the cap like the Steelers? Not worth it. I'd let him walk. You got a ton of usage out of him, and he's only going to be good for a few more seasons.

If I'm the 49ers or a team with a ton of cap space, I'd absolutely give him a payday. 

Just now, detroitlions72003 said:

I could be wrong but I do believe he was referring to Jarvis Landry. Which if so, scares me a little bit as a Lions fan.

Ahh gotcha. I wish Landry's contracts demands weren't so high. BB LOVES Landry. Can you imagine him on the Patriots?

7 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Very unlikely the Packers would pay up but oh my goodness Bell with Rodgers would be lethal.

Pittsburgh is not letting him walk, and reportedly, green bays upper management supposedly plans to be more aggressive. As LaDainian Tomlinson and Deion Sanders said on nfl network, LeVeon Bell is irreplaceable 

9 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Ahh gotcha. I wish Landry's contracts demands weren't so high. BB LOVES Landry. Can you imagine him on the Patriots?

Depends on where Bill Belichick is next year. Arizona may be where bill is next year. They seem to be waiting the playoffs out

10 hours ago, chargerbuckeye said:

Pittsburgh will give Bell what he wants. He's not going anywhere. If he does leave though, he goes to Green Bay 

Right division, wrong team. I think Detroit makes the push for him.

8 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Bit off topic, but why is the cost for the RB franchise tag as high as it is? The average salary of the top 5 backs certainly was not $12M in 2017, which is how much Bell got (and thus would now get $12M x 120% if tagged again). What am I missing?

I believe it may be based on the total cash for that year, not so much the cap hit or actual salary (so it would include a signing bonus)? Fournette's total cash this year is 18.4 million. He is skewing the franchise tag a little bit along with Freeman. Looking at the total cash of the top 6 (excluding Bell), the average does come out to be right around Bell's one year franchise tag salary, so I'm assuming that it what it is. Using the averages from these numbers, I got right around 12.1 million for Bell. 

PLAYER
CASH
1 Leonard Fournette

Leonard Fournette

RUNNING BACK
$18,351,067
2 Devonta Freeman

Devonta Freeman

RUNNING BACK
$16,297,000
3 Le'Veon Bell

Le'Veon Bell

RUNNING BACK
$12,120,000
4 Christian McCaffrey

Christian McCaffrey

RUNNING BACK
$11,144,128
5 LeSean McCoy

LeSean McCoy

RUNNING BACK
$7,750,000
6 DeMarco Murray

DeMarco Murray

RUNNING BACK

$6,950,000

*** edit ****

I just realized the figures would have to come from the year before because tag numbers are announced prior to the draft in March, so Fournette and McCaffrey wouldn't have counted...I have no idea how they got that number if that is the case, because the yearly cash I got from 2016 was about 2 million less, and without Fournette & McCaffery, the 2017 isn't close to 12.1. 

Archived