Jump to content
Leader

NFL News & Notes

Recommended Posts

I made a joke until I saw Human Trafficking.  That is profoundly serious, and the Robert Kraft era is over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I made a joke until I saw Human Trafficking.  That is profoundly serious, and the Robert Kraft era is over. 

The skeptic in me wants to say that this will not stick to Kraft.  His money and power will become teflon on him.  It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vegas492 said:

The skeptic in me wants to say that this will not stick to Kraft.  His money and power will become teflon on him.  It'll be interesting to see what happens.

If the human trafficking part is real, do you honestly believe that?  If they have a shred of evidence to suggest he was aware of human trafficking, he is so finished he could be a trillionaire and still be finished. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If the human trafficking part is real, do you honestly believe that?  If they have a shred of evidence to suggest he was aware of human trafficking, he is so finished he could be a trillionaire and still be finished. 

I imagine the human trafficking aspect will be charged to the salon owners and Kraft is one of many people they busted paying for happy endings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If the human trafficking part is real, do you honestly believe that?  If they have a shred of evidence to suggest he was aware of human trafficking, he is so finished he could be a trillionaire and still be finished. 

The story says he was a John, not running the human trafficking.  Still illegal, but not what the story title would have you believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Packerraymond said:

I imagine the human trafficking aspect will be charged to the salon owners and Kraft is one of many people they busted paying for happy endings.

It depends on the situation.  Don't know how much we can speculate about it on this site, but if there's evidence to suggest that Kraft was aware of it being a human trafficking situation, or if the prostitutes in question were underage or anything, he's done. 

If this is something as simple as Kraft soliciting prostitution from a prostitute, not a sex slave, yeah, it's nothing.  If he's implicated in prostitution of a sex slave or any way remotely culpable in the human trafficking aspect, he's toast. 

Either way, getting arrested in any aspect of a human trafficking ring is likely getting  you out of the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It depends on the situation.  Don't know how much we can speculate about it on this site, but if there's evidence to suggest that Kraft was aware of it being a human trafficking situation, or if the prostitutes in question were underage or anything, he's done. 

If this is something as simple as Kraft soliciting prostitution from a prostitute, not a sex slave, yeah, it's nothing.  If he's implicated in prostitution of a sex slave or any way remotely culpable in the human trafficking aspect, he's toast. 

Either way, getting arrested in any aspect of a human trafficking ring is likely getting  you out of the NFL. 

I feel confident speculating that Kraft didn't start the encounter with, "By they way, you're not a sex slave are you?"  Based on the three reports I've read, he's only charged with soliciting prostitution.  From NBC:

"He is being charged with the same offense as the others, and that is soliciting another to commit prostitution," the official said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It depends on the situation.  Don't know how much we can speculate about it on this site, but if there's evidence to suggest that Kraft was aware of it being a human trafficking situation, or if the prostitutes in question were underage or anything, he's done. 

If this is something as simple as Kraft soliciting prostitution from a prostitute, not a sex slave, yeah, it's nothing.  If he's implicated in prostitution of a sex slave or any way remotely culpable in the human trafficking aspect, he's toast. 

Either way, getting arrested in any aspect of a human trafficking ring is likely getting  you out of the NFL. 

I'm just going to assume since they have video, they have audio too and if anything of that nature was brought to light, they would've sought charges for that.

I do agree though that if a connection is made, should be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eww, just the thought of that is gross.  Gonna have to get that out of my head, or it's "hello Viagra" time.

Doubt much happens to Kraft, honestly.  He's just a dumb John caught up in a sting.  Aside from the embarrassment to him and his organization, this will all just be another sorted chapter in the Patriots way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm just going to assume since they have video, they have audio too and if anything of that nature was brought to light, they would've sought charges for that.

I do agree though that if a connection is made, should be done.

When the dust clears, I assume he will get a substantial fine and a suspension. Like @Outpost31 said if he is incriminated in any way related to the trafficking he is screwed and should be in jail for life, but I doubt it. I don't see a loss of draft picks being reasonable, the franchise didn't do anything wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I imagine the human trafficking aspect will be charged to the salon owners and Kraft is one of many people they busted paying for happy endings.

Correct - although there's rumors the prostitute had offered a copy of the NY Jets playbook as part of the deal :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

When the dust clears, I assume he will get a substantial fine and a suspension. Like @Outpost31 said if he is incriminated in any way related to the trafficking he is screwed and should be in jail for life, but I doubt it. I don't see a loss of draft picks being reasonable, the franchise didn't do anything wrong

Could the NFL or the other owners put some pressure on Kraft to sell the Patriots in light of this.  Jerry Richardson from Carolina was involved in some misconduct and ended up selling the team, not sure if he was pressured by the NFL or owners to do so.    

Protecting the shield should be in play for owners as well as players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×