NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Given his years in the league I thought he'd be able to go right to free agency? If you can claim him is he worth the 4 million left on his salary? 

Does that stuff change after the trade deadline or something? I think it might

ESPN:

"Even though the Giants listened to trade offers for Landon Collins before the NFL's trade deadline, sources expect New York to place its franchise tag on the Pro Bowl safety if the team can't sign him to a long-term extension first.

"I don't think they let him out," one source familiar with the Giants' thinking told ESPN.

Leading up to Tuesday's trade deadline, it appeared the Giants might part ways with Collins. When they were listening to offers, the Giants told teams that they wanted at least a second-round draft pick in return for Collins, according to league sources. The Packers, Chiefs and 49ers all expressed varying levels of interest in trading for Collins, but none was willing to offer the second-round pick when Collins has only eight games left on his contract"

43 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

just saw that Damarious Randall is being held out of his game with the browns, presumably for locker room reasons

Multiple sources are reporting it is his groin injury.  Schefter reported healthy scratch, but I am not sure where that is coming from.  Randall tested it this morning, reportedly gave the thumbs up, but the trainers didn't like what they saw apparently.

Interesting that Schefter calls him healthy, he has not practiced all week due to the groin.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold