NFL News & Notes

Leader

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -   Broncos’ WR Jerry Jeudy was arrested today and taken into custody in Colorado, per multiple reports. There is no information available yet on any charges. The Broncos are aware of the situation and gathering more information.

Broncos WR Jerry Jeudy arrested on misdemeanor criminal tampering charges (nfl.com)

How 'bout them Alabama WR's. I'm not a lawyer but this does not sound good for Mr. Jeudy. Especially since they won't give him bail until he sees a judge. 

Stupid is as stupid does!

With Landry now signed with New Orleans the WR market now basically comes down to Jones, Beckham and Fuller.

Fuller is likely looking at a 1 year deal in order to turn one great season into a massive payday. Going to the Browns makes a lot of sense for him with Watson there but It would not surprise me if he's waiting to see if Watson will get suspended because he isn't going to want to commit a year to a team without a good QB throwing to him.

The Ravens make alot of sense for Julio Jones. Jones is a high effort detail orientated guy with an excellent catch radius that fits well with the Ravens run game and with Lamar Jackson's inaccuracy. They need a WR after trading away Hollywood Brown and didn't draft his replacement. The Colts are rumored to be interested but there's a real possibility he ends up being the no.3 WR option there so not completely ideal.

I've said this before but Beckham to the Packers makes some sense. Obviously he's not going to play for half of the season at least but the fact remains the Packers do not have a ready WR1 right now. The Packers might take a long term viewpoint and ask themselves who they can see being the Packers #1 WR over the next couple of years with Rodgers whilst we develop our new set of WR talents and Odell Beckham would be the obvious answer. Having a bridge option will help us avoid putting too much too soon on our WRs especially Watson. It also allows Rodgers to close out his career with a legit WR1. Beckham is going to want to end up at a place where once he fully recovers he will have a legit QB throwing to him to rehab his value because of his injury he knows he isn't going to get the money he's looking for. I can see the Packers waiting until after week 1 to avoid guaranteed money to sign him to a deal if he's still available at that point.

Of course there's the trade market to consider. Jerry Jeudy, Lavista Shenault, Kadarius Toney and Darius Slayton are all viable options.

Edited by Chili

8 minutes ago, Chili said:

With Landry now signed with New Orleans the WR market now basically comes down to Jones, Beckham and Fuller.

Fuller is likely looking at a 1 year deal in order to turn one great season into a massive payday. Going to the Browns makes a lot of sense for him with Watson there but It would not surprise me if he's waiting to see if Watson will get suspended because he isn't going to want to commit a year to a team without a good QB throwing to him.

The Ravens make alot of sense for Julio Jones. Jones is a high effort detail orientated guy with an excellent catch radius that fits well with the Ravens run game and with Lamar Jackson's inaccuracy. They need a WR after trading away Hollywood Brown and didn't draft his replacement. The Colts are rumored to be interested but there's a real possibility he ends up being the no.3 WR option there so not completely ideal.

I've said this before but Beckham to the Packers makes some sense. Obviously he's not going to play for half of the season at least but the fact remains the Packers do not have a ready WR1 right now. The Packers might take a long term viewpoint and ask themselves who they can see being the Packers #1 WR over the next couple of years with Rodgers whilst we develop our new set of WR talents and Odell Beckham would be the obvious answer. Having a bridge option will help us avoid putting too much too soon on our WRs especially Watson. It also allows Rodgers to close out his career with a legit WR1. Beckham is going to want to end up at a place where once he fully recovers he will have a legit QB throwing to him to rehab his value because of his injury he knows he isn't going to get the money he's looking for. I can see the Packers waiting until after week 1 to avoid guaranteed money to sign him to a deal if he's still available at that point.

Of course there's the trade market to consider. Jerry Jeudy, Lavista Shenault, Kadarius Toney and Darius Slayton are all viable options.

I still think Julio is the obvious fit, but it would have to be a mutual desire. Julio would have to want to come here and play, thinking he can keep his career alive with a season with 12 as his QB. GB obviously isn't going to offer very much and he's probably still holding out for more than teams are willing to pay. Ultimately, I'm guessing GB will be interested but Julio will probably have to choose us over a team offering him more. 

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I still think Julio is the obvious fit, but it would have to be a mutual desire. Julio would have to want to come here and play, thinking he can keep his career alive with a season with 12 as his QB. GB obviously isn't going to offer very much and he's probably still holding out for more than teams are willing to pay. Ultimately, I'm guessing GB will be interested but Julio will probably have to choose us over a team offering him more. 

I agree he's the obvious fit but I feel like opportunity to sign him has passed. He's more of a fit in our offence than Watkins and LaFleur has worked with him before and yet we ended up signing Watkins. We would've signed Jones already if he was interested.

Beckham circumstances is different and the opportunity to sign him remains open. That's the one to keep an eye out for.