NFL News & Notes

Leader

16 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I will say this, and know that I am the resident Brady fan, give him a chance.  Did you hate Romo? Or Aikman? I know that I did, but I really like them doing games.  Aikman got a little old after 15 or so seasons, but I still enjoy Romo.  The Manning cast is entertaining, I didn't see that coming.  Just give Tommy a chance.  If he sucks, then he sucks.

He'll probably be fine. I think everyone is just tired of him in general

• Like 1

Warren Sharp -  Teams with the most dead cap last 3 yrs:

1. Dolphins: $130M
2. Panthers: $122M
3. Jets: $117M
4. Lions: $111M
5. Jags: $110M

Where do they rank in 2022 dead cap?

10. Jags: $23M
13. Panthers: $22M
14. Lions: $20M ($67M last yr)
26. Dolphins: $8M 32. Jets: $2M
32. Jets: $2M

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

He'll probably be fine. I think everyone is just tired of him in general

^ pretty much this. I never hated Aikman/Buck like a lot of folks did, and I'm not sure who had problems with Romo during his QB days or even as a broadcaster.

Just oversaturation of Brady, and it'll be ramped up even more with him on the lead FOX team.

Edited by Striker

25 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I will say this, and know that I am the resident Brady fan, give him a chance.  Did you hate Romo? Or Aikman? I know that I did, but I really like them doing games.  Aikman got a little old after 15 or so seasons, but I still enjoy Romo.  The Manning cast is entertaining, I didn't see that coming.  Just give Tommy a chance.  If he sucks, then he sucks.

I think Romo talks too much. He's supposed to be the color analyst but he can over talk the lead guy with his pre-snap predictions on play direction etc and need to call time out....or get up to the line....after the play.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Seattle always travels the farthest, correct?  They are just so far out there compared to every other team.  

Could vary based on a given years schedule....but yeah, stands to reason in that they're fairly remote.

6 hours ago, Striker said:

^ pretty much this. I never hated Aikman/Buck like a lot of folks did, and I'm not sure who had problems with Romo during his QB days or even as a broadcaster.

Just oversaturation of Brady, and it'll be ramped up even more with him on the lead FOX team.

Buck is fine. Aikman is terrible. 

But then again I think most announcers are terrible and rarely add anything to the game. I've posted before about going to this bar where there's an emcee who rips on Buck and Aikman during the game but also the bar plays the audio DEAFENINGLY loud. I mean screw it, why not put on Wayne and Larry (assuming there isn't a lag issue) 

5 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Seattle always travels the farthest, correct?  They are just so far out there compared to every other team.  

The google machine says 800 mi to SF, which is the CLOSEST NFL city. Next is Den at 1000, LV at 1250, LA at 1300. 

The distance from GB to Minny, Det, and Chi COMBINED is 1100ish mi. 

5 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I thought I was going to get a year of no Tom Brady in the NFL just a few weeks ago. Now I have to watch him play another year and today get the news of 10 years of him as a game commentor. What a turn for the worst.

Ppl still listen to the commentary while they watch the game?  With all the zillion incredible albums, podcasts, etc available, huh?  Multitasking, ppl. 

• Like 1