NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Of course. What would a SEA game be without a screwup by the referees.

Wagner CLEARLY used two DLineman to lift himself over the MN OL to block the FG attempt.

Pretty obvious really....but no flag.

"It's Chinatown"

Oh, but there was a flag. After a referee conference they decided there was no penalty, which there clearly was. ESPN was doing a deal this AM on the Monday Night controversies of the Seahawks, and miraculously they all went in Seattle's favor. 

Coincidence?

Seattle would have won that game likely even if Minny made that field goal... and I think it's more likely that Minny lets a few games slip up the rest of the way than Seattle. But I needed Seattle defense to score 10 or less points to win my QF fantasy matchup. That blocked fg was a swing of 5 points and pretty much screwed me. Thanks refs!

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

Oh, but there was a flag. After a referee conference they decided there was no penalty, which there clearly was. ESPN was doing a deal this AM on the Monday Night controversies of the Seahawks, and miraculously they all went in Seattle's favor. 

Coincidence?

Nope.

It's Chinatown.

On 12/9/2018 at 10:52 PM, CWood21 said:

Part of me is kind of intrigued by going with a guy like Dave Toub, whose expertise in ST.  You'll be able to pull just about anyone who isn't a HC or already an OC to be the OC since they'll be given play calling duties.  Not sure Fangio gets hired as a HC for at least another year.

I don't think this is that crazy.

ST coaches are adept at managing situations, adjusting on the fly due to injuries, communicating and organizing, and getting players to buy into roles. A strong OC, a QB coach that Aaron likes, Pettine at DC, and a charismatic HC with a background in ST sounds pretty good.

1 hour ago, blueswedeshoes said:

I don't think this is that crazy.

ST coaches are adept at managing situations, adjusting on the fly due to injuries, communicating and organizing, and getting players to buy into roles. A strong OC, a QB coach that Aaron likes, Pettine at DC, and a charismatic HC with a background in ST sounds pretty good.

I'm open to him ... he was very highly thought of in Chicago for many years.  They didn't hire him though .. chose to go with the young offensive mind in Matt Nagy.

22 minutes ago, Leader said:

Beware the Chargers

29-28 LAC/KC

Pretty incredible!  There’s some teams that are really ascending now late in the season: Dallas, Seattle, Chargers, and even the Titans and Dolphins to some extent.  Some descending teams also, that started strong through the middle of the season:  Pitt, Redskins, Bengals.

Always best to get hot in December, so they say.