NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Exciting news................not

Connor Leatch -   Dominoes continue to fall in the QB carousel:

The Vikings have agreed to terms with former Broncos and and Seahawks QB Drew Lock. This comes shortly after the departure of Kirk Cousins to Atlanta. Lock is expected to be a bridge  during Minnesota’s search towards the future.

Isn't Lock more Checker than Dominoe?

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Anybody else wanna see the Packers nab Bobby Wagner?  He's old, but still a stud run defender.  183 tackles and 2.5 sacks for him last year .. career high in tackles.  He'll be 34 this season though .. ugh.

I want Lavonte David

1 hour ago, Gravedigger93 said:

Living in NC I'm feeling with my Panthers friends. That organization is a complete ****show.

Tepper is stepping in quite admirably for Snyder as the NFL's worst owner.  At least he's not tearing down a once great franchise. 

Interesting moves from the Bengals. Surely Moss isn't an upgrade over Mixon.

I remember some years ago before Moss was drafted thinking he had legit short yardage/goalline potential. It was a weakness of ours so our apparent interest in him made sense.

Warren Sharp -  NFL can be a cold, cold business

the Bengals didn't let Joe Mixon get a taste of the fully open RB market

instead, they waited to cut him after securing his replacement while 8+ other starting RB positions on other teams were filled with signings earlier today

similar happened with Aaron Jones today in Green Bay

both players had played 7+ years for the teams that drafted them

but both were cut & shipped to the back of the unemployment line well after most teams spent top RB $$$

55 minutes ago, Chili said:

I remember some years ago before Moss was drafted thinking he had legit short yardage/goalline potential. It was a weakness of ours so our apparent interest in him made sense.

Mixon is pretty overrated, kind of a jack of all trades player not special at anything not bad at anything.

Moss showed some serious juice last year, I think he's the better player by a decent margin.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Warren Sharp -  NFL can be a cold, cold business

the Bengals didn't let Joe Mixon get a taste of the fully open RB market

instead, they waited to cut him after securing his replacement while 8+ other starting RB positions on other teams were filled with signings earlier today

similar happened with Aaron Jones today in Green Bay

both players had played 7+ years for the teams that drafted them

but both were cut & shipped to the back of the unemployment line well after most teams spent top RB $$$

He's got a point, but apparently Jones and his team told the Packers last Friday that they were turning down the deal.  His agent probably had feelers out with various teams today.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Mixon is pretty overrated, kind of a jack of all trades player not special at anything not bad at anything.

Moss showed some serious juice last year, I think he's the better player by a decent margin.

Mixon has the stronger right cross.  Ask the chick he knocked out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Not being forced to deal with Mixon is a reward all its own tbh. 

• Like 2