NFL News & Notes

Leader

19 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I'm surprised Vikes didn't wait and go for Jimmy G, they might have actually been competitive with him over Darnold

Not sure how much of a factor it was but Jimmy G is suspended for the 1st two regular season games this upcoming year under Performance Enhancing Substance policy.   Wasn't for typical PED use, which is why he didn't get 6 gm suspension, was a violation of therapeutic use exemption for a prescribed substance

17 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

How the Chargers be so rubbish and still be over $25m with the cap!!! Telesco f'ed them up proper

To be fair, they have lived up to the ChargIRs in many seasons. It’s hard to win if you have 50% of your cap parked on the bench. Every team has to go through it but they’ve been as hard hit as any over the years. If they get rid of Allen, I think Chicago would be one of the first teams to pick him up to have a good veteran receiver corps to go with their shiny new QB. 

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Why am I thinking that he is an EDGE player?

Because he's a Raven. He's a 240 LB edge type. See ball get ball. He'd be the base cat. The type of tweener I can figure out how to use. 

Edited by HighCalebR

38 minutes ago, ReasonablySober said:

When people argue against drafting a WR despite a loaded WR room, I'm going to point to Calvin Ridley's contract.

Yeah, that's a horrible overpay.  David Mulugheta is Jordan Love's agent, and also recently signed Xavier McKinney's agent as well.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

1 hour ago, ReasonablySober said:

When people argue against drafting a WR despite a loaded WR room, I'm going to point to Calvin Ridley's contract.

If/When Ridley's contract looks a LOT like the high-priced WR contracts that are overly backloaded, be sure to come back to get your crow.  Tyreek Hill's final year has a $56.3M cap hit, there's 0% chance he plays on that.  Davante Adams has 2 years with a $44.1M cap hit.  No chance he plays at that number.  AJ Brown has a $41.5M cap hit in his final year.