NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Not joking though, I'd be on the phone with Saleh right now asking him what he wants to be a Sr. Analyst on our staff. 

Very unlikely Saleh takes any coaching job this season when he would make the exact amount of money working or not working. He will in all likelihood take the remainder of the year to recharge the batteries and see what options become available next season.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

It's a tough slope to manage for MLF.

While I'd love to bring Saleh in, with any title.  Haff is new and bringing Saleh in could be seen as undermining Haff.

I think the existing Hafley/Saleh relationship would determine whether it's a doable scenario.  If they are bro's, it's probably doable.  If it's more teacher/student, then probably not.

Just now, R T said:

Very unlikely Saleh takes any coaching job this season when he would make the exact amount of money working or not working. He will in all likelihood take the remainder of the year to recharge the batteries and see what options become available next season.  

Yeah, this seems by far to be the most likely scenario.  Only way Saleh would coach this year would be if he's just kind of going stir-crazy watching the games.  He was fired so early, there is still a lot of season left.

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

While this may very well end up being be true, Rodgers has played like 5.1 games for the Jets. Favre also didn't win much with the Jets.

I dont know what the reason for his firing is. As I said on the NYJ forum: the defense wasnt the problem.
Their season is far from over. If they beat Buffalo on Monday, they'll be in first place in their Division.

Personally, I became convinced AR became a cancer on the organization and I was glad he was gone. I wasnt really glad he was gone until Love showed he could / would handle matters going forward. I dont wish him ill, but I'm not rooting for him and it doesnt bother me the Jets are having problems.

I think Belichick to the Jets would be intriguing. Not sure Belichick or Rodgers would go for it, but it would be fun to watch those two try to coexist. 

I'd try to get Saleh to GB.  Not sure there's a role he'd be interested in though.  I think getting him on board would help.  Ask yourself this, where is the defense without McKinney??  Saleh in some role could be beneficial.  He's a good DC and will have options.

Edited by NFLGURU

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

I think Belichick to the Jets would be intriguing. Not sure Belichick or Rodgers would go for it, but it would be fun to watch those two try to coexist. 

i think rodgers would welcome Belichick with open arms, probably one of the only coaches he admires or sees as being at "his level"

Edited by ifeelasleep

4 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

While this may very well end up being be true, Rodgers has played like 5.1 games for the Jets. Favre also didn't win much with the Jets.

Favre threw a pick late in the last game of the year. If he gets them in the endzone our pick moves up a round because the Jets make the playoffs. 

He screwed us one last time with a stupid INT. 

Rodgers screwed us this his Achiles. 

I'm shocked Rodgers hasn't traded for Adams yet. I'm guessing the Raiders want a second and Rodgers is insisting on a 1st. The Raiders don't want to pay another 1st round pick and Rodgers insists. 

It's the way ****ty organizations operate.