NFL News & Notes

Leader

27 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I hope he gets a job

Think this may be an uphill climb.........
2017 was a lost season as an afterthought with SEA and I cant find anything about him for last year. Was he on anybody's roster? Out injured (?) or just unwanted? 

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Eddie Lacy, when hungry, is a solid RB.

LOL!

I remember watching those Jordy highlights, couldn't help but wonder how many of those magical post plays were made because teams then were concerned about Lacy.

I honestly really miss that Eddie Lacy.  Very light feet for a large man.  

• Like 1

I'm surprised Lacy is attempting to make a comeback. I thought he didn't like football which was why he lacked motivation and fattened his way out of the league.

Just a month ago he admitted on twitter that he was undecided on making a comeback. That suggests it's likely he has not kept himself in shape.

Of course the very fact that he is attempting a comeback suggests he may have indeed kept himself in shape. Who knows.

The cynic in me thinks its likely he didn't do a good job looking after his money and now has no choice but to attempt a comeback. With only $7.5m in career earnings, if you take away what he already spent, his taxes etc... he probably doesn't have a huge amount left over to stay retired until he croaks. Lets pretend he has $4m left and that he lives to the grand old age of 80, that's $74k per year before taxes. You could theoretically live on that for the rest of your life if you are prudent with your spending but that doesn't factor divorces and potential child maintenance payments. Lacy may be comfortable now but he is not completely on a secure footing in the long run especially when he begins to consider marriage and children. With that in mind, a comeback is not surprising.

3 hours ago, Chili said:

I'm surprised Lacy is attempting to make a comeback. I thought he didn't like football which was why he lacked motivation and fattened his way out of the league.

Just a month ago he admitted on twitter that he was undecided on making a comeback. That suggests it's likely he has not kept himself in shape.

Of course the very fact that he is attempting a comeback suggests he may have indeed kept himself in shape. Who knows.

The cynic in me thinks its likely he didn't do a good job looking after his money and now has no choice but to attempt a comeback. With only $7.5m in career earnings, if you take away what he already spent, his taxes etc... he probably doesn't have a huge amount left over to stay retired until he croaks. Lets pretend he has $4m left and that he lives to the grand old age of 80, that's $74k per year before taxes. You could theoretically live on that for the rest of your life if you are prudent with your spending but that doesn't factor divorces and potential child maintenance payments. Lacy may be comfortable now but he is not completely on a secure footing in the long run especially when he begins to consider marriage and children. With that in mind, a comeback is not surprising.

A Crunchyroll subscription is only like $8 a month. I see no reason why Eddie couldn't live his best life off of the money he's already made 

The Dallas Cowboys and DE DeMarcus Lawrence have agreed to a 5-year extension worth more than $100 million.

Full terms of the deal between the Cowboys and DeMarcus Lawrence: 5 years, $105M with $65M guaranteed, source said. More money in cash than any non-QB in Year 1.

Edited by Leader