NFL News & Notes

Leader

Will be interesting to see what comes from the Vikings side of this. Luckily there's minimal contact between a LS and a practice squad TE and another team.

However the starting NT is a different story. Will Bradbury and the guards test positive eventually or not? If they don't than it's a really good sign as far as the game itself spreading the virus. 

Overall I'm not too concerned, this sounds like it was handled much better than the Marlins and Cardinals situation in baseball and that didn't derail their season anyway.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There's a perfect way to handle this. If more than 8 teams have to postpone a game, week 14 becomes a bye week for the entire league except those teams. 

More televised football, minimal schedule impact, rewards teams that were disciplined about prevention

with minimal fans at the games, moving games around should be no problem.  I'll still be sitting on my couch 

32 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Easily! If Marlon Humphrey got a 5 year $99m extension, I don't see how Jaire will take less than that.

$20m per year is the new mark for high/top performing non-QB players

really?  i love jaire, but i don't think the league views him as someone who should become the highest or second highest paid corner in the league.  he may continue to improve in the next two years before we likely extend him, but as of now i view him as someone who should be getting $15m-$17m.  this would put him in the same pay range as guys like xavien howard, darius slay, and byron jones.  tre'davious white feels like the high-end comp for jaire to me right now.  he makes $17.25m/yr

Edited by snackattack

17 minutes ago, snackattack said:

really?  i love jaire, but i don't think the league views him as someone who should become the highest or second highest paid corner in the league.  he may continue to improve in the next two years before we likely extend him, but as of now i view him as someone who should be getting $15m-$17m.  this would put him in the same pay range as guys like xavien howard, darius slay, and byron jones.  tre'davious white feels like the high-end comp for jaire to me right now.  he makes $17.25m/yr

Jaire ain't singing a new contact this year. He has two years more (including the option year) on his current deal. So if Marlon is getting $20m now, what will Jaire be getting in 2022?

5 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Jaire ain't singing a new contact this year. He has two years more (including the option year) on his current deal. So if Marlon is getting $20m now, what will Jaire be getting in 2022?

doesn't this assume that the salary cap will increase?  if it decreases then the positional annual values shouldn't increase.  i believe the league expects the cap to go down next year, and who knows what will happen to it in 2022.

4 minutes ago, snackattack said:

doesn't this assume that the salary cap will increase?  if it decreases then the positional annual values shouldn't increase.  i believe the league expects the cap to go down next year, and who knows what will happen to it in 2022.

It will decrease for sure and still the Ravens gave Humphrey the second highest AAV contract out there. Marshon Lattimore is the next guy up that will sign a big contract in the CB market. I don't see that he will take less than Humphrey and in turn when Jaire comes up he'll be in the same ball park. What you say I would have agreed with if Humprhey wasn't just given the deal he was given. The market is now paying the good talent above what Tre White just got paid and his deal in two years time will look like a total bargain.