NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Does every NFL team control the stadium they play in to the point where the NFL can do this? Or is this just PR?

The NFL can tell the primary tenant: "Do this or there will be TV revenue checks lost in the mail"  😀 

Wow the Bears willing to give up a haul like that for Wentz?  This shows you how desperate Pace and Naggy are to keep their jobs. Desperate GM's make bad decisions. Pace is willing to gamble away the future just to keep his job. 4 lost years of 1st round draft capital? Yikes.

25 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Wow the Bears willing to give up a haul like that for Wentz?  This shows you how desperate Pace and Naggy are to keep their jobs. Desperate GM's make bad decisions. Pace is willing to gamble away the future just to keep his job. 4 lost years of 1st round draft capital? Yikes.

I don't know why they wouldn't just use that draft capital to move up this years draft and pick a QB. There are good ones to be had and you won't have Wentz salary to deal with as well. 

• Like 2

Andrew Brandt -   Re Carson Wentz and my insistence he would not be traded: yes, it looks like I will be wrong. Very wrong. I did not believe the Eagles would debilitate their team ($34M dead money on a $180M Cap) and admit to such a massive mistake. But they are clearly shopping him. My bad.

Very odd that they would fire Pederson and trade Wentz.

@Packerraymond, remember  when I argued the Eagles should have traded Wentz and that the Rams should have traded Goff?

I remember. 

The Packers should have traded Rodgers before extending him to that last contract, too.

I'll accept a simple, "You were right," from everybody. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

And we'd be sitting here with a top 10 pick.  I mean, at least that would make the offseason interesting.

Wrong.  We re-signed Rodgers two years before his contract was up. 

We trade him when he asked for a new deal and you've got the Packers scouting department choosing between:

Baker Mayfield
Sam Darnold
Josh Allen
Josh Rosen
Lamar Jackson

You can say we're picking top 10 all you want.  I can say we've just inherited Josh Allen plus two more first round picks.

You never sign a QB for what they're worth on the open market. 

It's a fact.