NFL News & Notes

Leader

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The big money in Jaire's contract will kick in at the end of the Z, Preston, Amos era for sure and potentially even the Rodgers/Adams era. 

You've got next year, and a 5th year option, the first year of his extension in 2023 will be probably worth about as much as the 5th year. That first big jump will be in the 2024 season.

Basically, its going to play out like Kenny Clark's extension.

Also by 2024, the league will be back to normal with fans in stadiums and the new TV contracts will have started in 2023 which will be a huge windfall for the league. So the salary cap in the interim looks to be flat, it'll go back to increasing by then. 

Rams tried to get Aaron Rodgers according to PFT.

I wonder if this means teams are smelling smoke, and also if there’s any fire.

Trading Rodgers would make me extremely excited about the potential to build around Love and probably three extra first round picks, but also extremely sad.

I think long run we are better off trading Rodgers now.

If Love is even Josh Allen good, it’s almost a guaranteed Super Bowl in three years.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Trading Rodgers would make me extremely excited about the potential to build around Love and probably three extra first round picks, but also extremely sad.

If Love is even Josh Allen good, it’s almost a guaranteed Super Bowl in three years.

Instead of 3 1st's ... 2 ones and 2 twos would be preferred.  If you are going to trade him, immediate return better be in the offering.  Hell, Detroit got a starting qb, 2 ones and a 3 for Stafford.  Rodgers is considerably better than him.  If they want him, they'd better be ready for the ransom.    

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We have seen Rodgers carry poor teams to the playoffs.   Stafford has not been able to do that.   DET is in a serious rebuild vs GB being in a contending position.

As much as the idea of having a bunch of 1st to add young cheap players, it is not in GB best interest to do so this year.

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

f Love is even Josh Allen good, it’s almost a guaranteed Super Bowl in three years

The problem is we don't know what we have in Love at this point. We first need to see him on the field before we start discussing trading Rodgers.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

So are we or are we not listening to Florio?...

Report: Rams made a run at Aaron Rodgers - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

I’d like to know what the market really is for a 37 year old MVP QB, in terms of draft picks, etc.   Like, how many 1st round picks is he really worth?  Stafford is 33, so I get the multiple 1sts.  What’s Rodgers really worth - ballpark, since we can’t know exactly the extremes or absurdity that some team(s) might go to win now.

45 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I first want to find out if Love is better than Brett Hundley before we let the first ballot HoFer go. 

Dumb of Packers to not listen.

They give those two first round picks plus Aaron Donald, no Goff, I make that trade.

Donald, Clark, Z, Gary, Savage, Alexander, Amos, new defensive coordinator, two first round picks this year, two next year, QB on a rookie contract...

If Love sucks try again.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Striker said:

Well, this isn't just Florio, as an LA Times reporter broke that newsThe more important part is that the Pack is "adamant" about not trading him. So.

Wasn't aware of that prior, as PFT was the source named in this thread...However, I highly doubt the organization would trade AR to a team like the Rams or the 49ers....It would be suicidal if we were still able to make the playoffs....

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Dumb of Packers to not listen.

They give those two first round picks plus Aaron Donald, no Goff, I make that trade.

Donald, Clark, Z, Gary, Savage, Alexander, Amos, new defensive coordinator, two first round picks this year, two next year, QB on a rookie contract...

If Love sucks try again.

LAR first round picks going to DET are in 2022 and 2023.   LAR didn't have a 2021 first.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Josh Allen good is not a low bar. He’s killing it and has elevated his game every year. Seems like he has a great coordinator and Diggs can do wonders for your QB resume, but the games I watched him in  this year, he was poised, improving his accuracy and showed no fear.

I’m definitely pro Love, but until we see him run an NFL offense, I’m just rooting for a guy who plays on my favorite team. I hope he is what Gute saw in him when he grabbed him in the 1st. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

So are we or are we not listening to Florio?...

Report: Rams made a run at Aaron Rodgers - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

I mean, Florio usually doesn't know what he's talking about and he's usually talking out of his rear end.  But I think we can make the assumption that those discussions didn't last very long.