NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

On a separate note......

What are we going to do when Jaire says he wants Jalen Ramsey money?  Thoughts?

Trade him while we still have control.  JAX got 2 1st and a 4th for Ramsey.  If we could get 2 1st rounders well?  That was an excellent pick by Gute.  Kid will be making 20 mil/yr when his contract is up. What does he have 2 more years plus a 5th year option?  Guess a lot can change by then. Maybe the Packers will find a way to keep him.  On another separate note what are we going to do with DaVante?

3 hours ago, Leader said:

On a separate note......

Pay him whatever he wants and don’t even think twice about it. An elite corner is a piece you simply don’t allow yourself to lose. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, it's an interesting buy-low candidate.  He's due around $25M for the next 3 years with zero guarantees left in his contract since the signing bonus accelerates onto the Rams' cap.  IF they can get 2017/18 Jared Goff, they could probably get at least a Day 2 pick for him.

Goff had more guarantees than just the signing bonus, Detroit takes 43M in guarantees. They go to his next team if traded but it’s a huge deterrent for any team considering trading for him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Normally I'd be laughing with you but let's remember they've got John Dorsey in charge there. 

Of course, Detroit gonna Detroit so they hired Dan Campbell instead of Eric Bienemy. 

I think Bienemy will be good when he’s hired, but I definitely think the Lions upgraded their HC and GM. If they pick a QB in the first this year they’re headed in the right direction.

1 minute ago, deathstar said:

I think Bienemy will be good when he’s hired, but I definitely think the Lions upgraded their HC and GM. If they pick a QB in the first this year they’re headed in the right direction.

I don’t know if I would take a QB this year. Aside from the fact that I’m not a fan of Wilson/Fields , I just think there’s value in building a solid coffee around a QB before drafting one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I don’t know if I would take a QB this year. Aside from the fact that I’m not a fan of Wilson/Fields , I just think there’s value in building a solid coffee around a QB before drafting one. 

I tend to prefer liquid coffee, myself ;) (I know, f'in autocorrect) 

Wilson/Fields won't slide, not in today's league, but IF one does it's probably not a bad idea to snap them up in the back end of the 1st. Wentz/Goff were to players who had mid-round grades but their teams went all in to get them 1-2 and we saw how that worked out. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leader said:

On a separate note......

you keep him... this shouldn't be a question. Jaire is one of the best CBs in the NFL. 

Our 2018 draft was so bad we're lucky we got a shutdown CB and that MVS has proven to be useful

Edited by FAH1223

7 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Trade him while we still have control.  JAX got 2 1st and a 4th for Ramsey.  If we could get 2 1st rounders well?  That was an excellent pick by Gute.  Kid will be making 20 mil/yr when his contract is up. What does he have 2 more years plus a 5th year option?  Guess a lot can change by then. Maybe the Packers will find a way to keep him.  On another separate note what are we going to do with DaVante?

Jaire is entering his 4th year.  Need to keep your elite field tilting talent.

Extend Adams. 

Nobody ever say another word about trading Jaire Alexander. 

No team has ever won a Super Bowl in the history of the league without at least one defensive player like Jaire Alexander on the team.

Just imagine what happens when it's Jaire Alexander who takes on a leadership role. 

I want Jaire to be a career Packer.  Switch to safety at 32. 

He's got one more year then the fifth year option.  Rodgers will be gone or his end as clear as can be by the time we have to re-sign Jaire. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Pay him whatever he wants and don’t even think twice about it. An elite corner is a piece you simply don’t allow yourself to lose. 

In theory yes but we have NO cash.  Can't pay them all unfortunately.  He'll probably want to be the highest paid CB in football. So how do you pay him?  Same goes for Davante. They committed big money to Bak, Clark, and Rodgers.  We are well over the cap as it stands right now.  Would hate to lose Alexander love his game and swagger.  Fortunately we'll have another year or two to figure it out.  He's the best CB I have ever seen play for the Packers and we have had some good ones over the years. It's certainly not as easy as pay him whatever he wants.  Those kind of decisions have consequences.

20 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

In theory yes but we have NO cash.  Can't pay them all unfortunately.  He'll probably want to be the highest paid CB in football. So how do you pay him?  Same goes for Davante. They committed big money to Bak, Clark, and Rodgers.  We are well over the cap as it stands right now.  Would hate to lose Alexander love his game and swagger.  Fortunately we'll have another year or two to figure it out.  He's the best CB I have ever seen play for the Packers and we have had some good ones over the years. It's certainly not as easy as pay him whatever he wants.  Those kind of decisions have consequences.

You pay elite players at premium positions big contracts.

Bahktiari,  Clark, Rodgers are examples of that.   Z falls into that as well.

Maybe you don't pay Adams, but with nothing at WR of substance that seems like an extension is the move.