NFL News & Notes

Leader

9 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

LaFleur was in Washington from 2010-2013.  I hope he was a good boy there. 

not that I know the guy, but I ain't close to losing any sleep over the prospect of MLF being as dumb as Gruden. Or anywhere close to it. I suspect the smart guys all got the hell outta there.

• Like 1

NY Post -  One day after Gruden resigned as head coach of the Raiders in wake of an unsettling email controversy, the Buccaneers said Tuesday that they will remove his name from the franchise’s Ring of Honor.

“The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have advocated for purposeful change in the areas of race relations, gender equality, diversity and inclusion for many years,” the team said in a statement. “While we acknowledge Jon Gruden’s contributions on the field, his actions go against our core values as an organization. Therefore, he will no longer continue to be a member of the Buccaneers Ring of Honor.”

///

Probably didnt help that in one email Gruden said the TB Owner needed to blow him.

Edited by Leader

16 hours ago, Striker said:

You both have fired off racist, misogynistic, homophobic, and transphobic emails to your friends/colleagues and also received topless photos of someone else's female employees as recently as 2018 AND assume this is just the norm?

What a dreadfully low bar you've set for yourselves and others.

Striker you set your bar way to high sure is easy isn't it.

You like others hold to just those details when most of us have said or done worse.  

Rather what I mean is you who is blemish or sin free cast the first stone brother.

I didn't send emails but I've made many many mistakes in my life some recently. I try to learn and grow but I won't hold the stone and I can't throw it at Gruden cause I have been there in his place. When we look at the log in our own eye before we point at the twig in another's eye maybe we'll see some real change. 

11 hours ago, Leader said:

Speak for yourself.

I sure hope you were being sarcastic. If not I sure hope your past never comes out as I'm quite certain you are much like the rest of the human race. You are not mistake free dear friend. You may be a good guy but somewhere sometime you were not. No one walking this earth is without blemish. 

4 hours ago, Green19 said:

And all of that is fair. My point is you claim Gruden is a sexist... I’m assuming because of the comments about women being refs or in the league in general. And this is one of the problematic issues with him.

So I’m just trying to clarify that you however don’t seem to think a man that is married, getting a lap dance by a younger woman that isn’t his wife to be something you cant comment on and say the same that he is clearly a sexist too. That it’s a private matter with him and his wife although he willingly pose for videos and pictures and made it public.

Again this is what I find interesting the private/public aspects of these incidents. One is something but can’t comment on the other.

Because one can make a very strong argument that Meyers actions hurt women greatly if this has been a leader of men/ boys. He could easily help raise these men/boys to not respect women given how cavalry he is at the bar.

Just saw this. I'm not saying Gruden is sexist as a matter of opinion. His own words define him as one. I just happened to read them.

And no.....I dont see how what Urban did as sexist. It was a consensual but incredibly dumb act. How it reflects on his marriage isnt for me to comment (or you for that matter....) since neither of us know the state of their marriage.

And all of that is fair. My point is you claim Gruden is a sexist... I’m assuming because of the comments about women being refs or in the league in general. And this is one of the problematic issues with him.

So I’m just trying to clarify that you however don’t seem to think a man that is married, getting a lap dance by a younger woman that isn’t his wife to be something you cant comment on and say the same that he is clearly a sexist too. That it’s a private matter with him and his wife although he willingly pose for videos and pictures and made it public.

Again this is what I find interesting the private/public aspects of these incidents. One is something but can’t comment on the other.

Because one can make a very strong argument that Meyers actions hurt women greatly if this has been a leader of men/ boys. He could easily help raise these men/boys to not respect women given how cavalry he is at the bar.

Just saw this. I'm not saying Gruden is sexist as a matter of opinion. His own words define him as one. I just happened to read them.

And no.....I dont see how what Urban did as sexist. It was a consensual but incredibly dumb act. How it reflects on his marriage isnt for me to comment (or you for that matter....) since neither of us know the state of their marriage.

11 hours ago, waterfish_21 said:

Speak for yourself.

Another perfect person. Ok think hard about your entire past friend, nothing, not one, you are the one true perfect person who has never said anything bad about anyone. Ever talk about someone behind their back, hmmm nothing at all. Really, again just like when I responded to Leader's " speak for yourself " post. I would venture a guess that I'm not wrong. Some can openly admit that they have fallen, some hide and claim to be righteous. At the end of the day who grades what was said. So if I did say something racist behind another cultures back, and you said something bad about someone behind their back is there a grade for that? 

Gotta love the grading system. If you are perfect, again I doubt you are no offence but can you help the rest of us be like you please. 

18 hours ago, Siman08/OH said:

This.

Judge me as you may on this stupid website but everyone, I mean EVERYONE had said or done something just as bad as these emails and if you deny that your a liar and i feel bad for you. 

Well said brother. I have had to swallow crow and ask for forgiveness many times, I'm sure I will have to again. But well said. 

2 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

I sure hope you were being sarcastic. If not I sure hope your past never comes out as I'm quite certain you are much like the rest of the human race. You are not mistake free dear friend. You may be a good guy but somewhere sometime you were not. No one walking this earth is without blemish. 

LOL for someone who knows absolutely nothing about me you sure comment very confidently as if you do - so again - speak for yourself.

There was no sarcasm involved in my earlier comment. None of the attitudes that Gruden expressed - over a lengthly period btw - so your characterizing them as "a mistake" is interesting - exist in me, I have markedly different perspectives - which makes it very easy for me to go along and get along and not be concerned skeletons will appear.

9 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

I think you hang out with the wrong type of people. Your perception of human behavior is extremely skewed...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Leader said:

And that’s fine... interesting take on it, wouldn’t be my when it comes to Meyer.

Personally a man that treats his wife in that way and hires men that have women issues kinda screams sexists to me, because of the general poor treatment of women. But I get it you don’t want to cross that line with him.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

NY Post -  One day after Gruden resigned as head coach of the Raiders in wake of an unsettling email controversy, the Buccaneers said Tuesday that they will remove his name from the franchise’s Ring of Honor.

“The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have advocated for purposeful change in the areas of race relations, gender equality, diversity and inclusion for many years,” the team said in a statement. “While we acknowledge Jon Gruden’s contributions on the field, his actions go against our core values as an organization. Therefore, he will no longer continue to be a member of the Buccaneers Ring of Honor.”

///

Probably didnt help that in one email Gruden said the TB Owner needed to blow him.

I guess Tampa Bay overlooked the Antonio Bryant video at the house before they signed him.  It was a long time ago and he didn't mean what he said. 

I'm certainly glad they found these new standards this morning 🙄🙄🙄

Edited by NFLGURU