NFL News & Notes

Leader

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

Listen....you dont know me, but you're not chatting with a moralist. I dont exist on that wavelength - so - I'm less inclined to moralize about the behavior of others....than perhaps some others.

I think (and have said) that Urban's *public* actions were really stupid (at best). I mean...."what could he possibly be thinking stupid" - but that's it for me. I dont think he deserves to be fired over it and and I certainly dont know the state of his marriage - so I'm not going there.

And all of that is fair. My point is you claim Gruden is a sexist... I’m assuming because of the comments about women being refs or in the league in general. And this is one of the problematic issues with him.

So I’m just trying to clarify that you however don’t seem to think a man that is married, getting a lap dance by a younger woman that isn’t his wife to be something you cant comment on and say the same that he is clearly a sexist too. That it’s a private matter with him and his wife although he willingly pose for videos and pictures and made it public.

Again this is what I find interesting the private/public aspects of these incidents. One is something but can’t comment on the other.

Because one can make a very strong argument that Meyers actions hurt women greatly if this has been a leader of men/ boys. He could easily help raise these men/boys to not respect women given how cavalry he is at the bar.

Edited by Green19

1 hour ago, Leader said:

There was something back in Urban's OSU days. It didnt involve his actions directly - but apparently he hired / shielded a less than scrupulous guy - until it went public and he was forced to get rid of him.  

Dont remember the details of what the guy did - but apparently Urban knew about it and brought him along / hired him regardless.

So "woke" Urban wasnt.

Didn't he do this right away when the Jags hired him too? Almost positive

54 minutes ago, Green19 said:

So you think getting a lap dance by a strange woman that isn’t his wife isnt a sign he is a sexist pig?

I just want you to know, Urban Meyer is for real a giant piece of **** and it has nothing to do with that lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Didn't he do this right away when the Jags hired him too? Almost positive

? Dont know what you're talking about - but then, I've never kept up with the comings & goings of Urban Meyers and certainly not the Jax Jags.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Here's the disconnect: I'm not sure anyone here cares if  Urban or Gruden were actually fired or were/are pushing for it. We all just understand they're turds and approve of their dismissals because they're totally unprofessional and their behavior would make all (well, most) of us not respect them or want to work with them.

I'm personally in favour of other NFL franchises having garbage coaches. Matt Patricia in Det was good for GB, easy wins

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Norm said:

I just want you to know, Urban Meyer is for real a giant piece of **** and it has nothing to do with that lol

Oh I agree. Like look... I hope no one thinks I’m defending these men’s actions. It’s clear they are problematic in many ways.

I just find the discussion of their exact actions boring. Because that’s easily understood.

I find the discussion about private vs. public; and actions done in the past and how they get handled in the future interesting. Along with how we handle these things in general. That’s all.

I forget who mentioned it but honestly I’m of the opinion they are stupid for doing any of this stuff in this day and age given technology and how things never disappear. Their stupidity about not understanding that is grounds enough for their resignations.

Edited by Green19

Peter Bukowski -   Aaron Rodgers on PatMcAfeeShow about Jon Gruden, “That **** doesn’t fly.”

Says there’s no place for it in the NFL. That’s why he’ll never coach in the league again, not cuz he’s being cancelled. No one will respect him.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The #Seahawks are releasing former starting CB Tre Flowers, source said, a move that he recently requested. An experienced corner with four years of starting experience now available.

looks pretty bad this year

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/tre-flowers/49059

I'm confident the "a move that he recently requested" was verbatim from his agent lol

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

ESPN -  The NFL Players Association said Tuesday that it plans to request that the NFL release the remainder of the 650,000 emails reviewed as part of the investigation into workplace misconduct with the Washington Football Team.

Wonder if Dan Snyder and people in the league will allow this... given what was leaked with the Gruden emails.

How many high ranking officials all over the league are terrified....

Exactly what Andrew Brandt said on Twitter.

remember the Gruden emails are the ones they leaked. Better question is what the NFL is proactively hiding.