NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Green19 said:

So I see Brandin cooks is trying to get traded himself…

I would guess everybody wants out of Houston at this point. The worst part for the Texans is they won't get close to value if they trade Watson know with this hanging over his hear. It's a risk, take what you can get now thinking he's guilty or wait and perhaps have a guy who is un-tradeable once everything is settled. 

This could be a franchise that is a bottom dweller for a while. 

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I would guess everybody wants out of Houston at this point. The worst part for the Texans is they won't get close to value if they trade Watson know with this hanging over his hear. It's a risk, take what you can get now thinking he's guilty or wait and perhaps have a guy who is un-tradeable once everything is settled. 

It’s just interesting given reports are they aren’t going to trade him or the LT. And clearly his tweet is like “are you sure you don’t want to trade me…” haha

8 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m not talking about being the richest person in the world. I want everyone to have a descent standard of living. I’m tired of these rich a******* continuing to exploit the game and leave us fighting for scraps. 

And the way to do that isn't "take" from the rich and give to the poor, it's force the rich to share the profits with the working class. 

But nobody on the right seems to want to engage with that idea. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

And the way to do that isn't "take" from the rich and give to the poor, it's force the rich to share the profits with the working class. 

OMG! This makes my head hurt.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

It's been a poorly run organization for quite some time. Not sure who's running things now.....some Ex Patriot? Not sure - but until they get that right, it will continue to be a loser. The worst teams stay the worst teams because they dont have the people running things to make them better over an extended period. Thats been proven over and over again across multiple sports.

30 minutes ago, Leader said:

It's been a poorly run organization for quite some time. Not sure who's running things now.....some Ex Patriot? Not sure - but until they get that right, it will continue to be a loser. The worst teams stay the worst teams because they dont have the people running things to make them better over an extended period. Thats been proven over and over again across multiple sports.

The most famous expat of them all. Jesus. Theyre in gods hands now.

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Depending on your working definition of "force". It's the government's role to ensure that there is an equitable playing field and incentivize economic policies that result in the greatest net good for the collection of people it is comprised of.

This doesn't happen at all here, but "force" is not the answer, either (at least by my working definition of the word).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Oh man, that sucks for JJ. Will help the uphill battle we face on Thursday, though. 

More so because they appear to be setup for a good playoff run. And he hasn’t really had that in his career.

Sucks that he won’t get to experience it as a player on the field.

ESPN -  The attorneys for some former Washington Football Team employees rejected NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's reasoning for not making the investigation into the organization public, saying in a letter that their clients wanted anonymity but also a written report.

Goodell had said in a news conference at the league meetings Tuesday that they did not release a written report into the nearly year-long investigation of the organization and owner Dan Snyder because some who were interviewed wanted anonymity and therefore no public report.

In a two-page letter to Goodell, Lisa Banks and Debra Katz stated that their clients -- they represent 40 women who made allegations of sexual harassment while working for Washington -- wanted only protection. They wanted the findings released.

The letter stated, "While many who came forward feared retaliation by Dan Snyder, and therefore requested their names be kept confidential, they never envisioned that all their efforts and the efforts of Beth Wilkinson and her team would result in no written report of findings, and no real accountability for Dan Snyder or the WFT. Had they known this, they would not have participated."

2 hours ago, Leader said:

ESPN -  The attorneys for some former Washington Football Team employees rejected NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's reasoning for not making the investigation into the organization public, saying in a letter that their clients wanted anonymity but also a written report.

Goodell had said in a news conference at the league meetings Tuesday that they did not release a written report into the nearly year-long investigation of the organization and owner Dan Snyder because some who were interviewed wanted anonymity and therefore no public report.

In a two-page letter to Goodell, Lisa Banks and Debra Katz stated that their clients -- they represent 40 women who made allegations of sexual harassment while working for Washington -- wanted only protection. They wanted the findings released.

The letter stated, "While many who came forward feared retaliation by Dan Snyder, and therefore requested their names be kept confidential, they never envisioned that all their efforts and the efforts of Beth Wilkinson and her team would result in no written report of findings, and no real accountability for Dan Snyder or the WFT. Had they known this, they would not have participated."

The fact that Goodell is lying isn't news worthy. He's been the lying mouthpiece for the NFL for a while now. Glad the attorney called him out, but any 'written report' is going to protect the league, water down the findings and it will be business as usual. 

I'm more and more of the mindset that I hope they release everything and burn the whole thing down. My guess is at the very least the findings would cause Snyder to have to sell the franchise. I think that is best case scenario for the NFL. 

Edited by Old Guy

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

What'd the NFL ever do to you?

It's not about what they did to me, which is nothing. I do think Goodell is an ******* though. It appears pretty clear they are hiding some nefarious **** that happened with the WFT. Perhaps found some information in those emails which might paint a bad picture for others in the NFL, besides Gruden which we already know about.  

Also, the NFL went 'woke' a few years ago and now it's biting them in the *** with the cancel culture. Air it all out and let the chips fall where they may. 

Edited by Old Guy